Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Oedipus Americanus

Oedipus Americanus

Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:38 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Oedipus Americanus

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Oh ffs, who has to be a slave to any tradition?
Not Americans thats for f**king sure. You lose traditions and you lose history. Dont matter to you because you've only had 5 minutes of it but to the rest of the world its kinda important.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
And there I was saying the a Boneo was good enough!! That show's me I'm out of my depth here in the US...
Actually, I think they're from the dog.....
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

It is fun, unless you're the kid that doesn't get any Valentines.
I don't think this happens ..I know I get stuff for the whole class and my kids come home with wads of candy and those little folded cards...maybe the kid that doesn't give the Valentines treats was the one with the British parents

(I actuially know this to be a fact at my kids first MDO i didn't know anything about these gifts of candy and so was bewildered when my kids had some )
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
PMSL!!!! have you tried foreplay deary...
I have tried
Lancashire foreplay "brace yourself, luv!"
Yorkshire foreplay "baa!"
Southerners foreplay "you awake, darlin"
Cockney foreplay "Bend over and take it like a man"
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:39 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
I have tried
Australian: Hey, Sheila? You awake??
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Not Americans thats for f**king sure. You lose traditions and you lose history. Dont matter to you because you've only had 5 minutes of it but to the rest of the world its kinda important.
I quite enjoy history and some tradition.....but I'd like to think I'm not a slave to it. If it doesn't work, then it needs to be shelved.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:40 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Australian: Hey, Sheila? You awake??
I even tried it sober once!
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't think this happens ..I know I get stuff for the whole class and my kids come home with wads of candy and those little folded cards...maybe the kid that doesn't give the Valentines treats was the one with the British parents

(I actuially know this to be a fact at my kids first MDO i didn't know anything about these gifts of candy and so was bewildered when my kids had some )
I'm just wondering if the schools aren't getting too pc for that as well. Not that I'd mind.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:45 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

I even tried it sober once!
Actually, my favourite Aussie joke is:

A Qantas plane is over the Pacific and an engine blows up, followed by a wing dropping off. The captain comes over the intercom, and announces that people had better do what they've always dreamed of, because they're all going to die soon.

A woman stands up, and screams "I'm thirty years old, and I'm still a virgin! I want somebody to make me feel like a real woman!"

Some Aussie guy gets up, strides over to her and gazes in her eyes. He takes off his trousers and throws them to her, saying "Wash these, you bitch!"
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

I have tried
better change your profile to Casanova ....here's a tip ...do what my husband does and get the wife drunk...works every time
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I quite enjoy history and some tradition.....but I'd like to think I'm not a slave to it. If it doesn't work, then it needs to be shelved.
Yup, thats the typical US response to other countries traditions...basically "**** em we'll change them to suit ourselves"
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:48 pm
Back Again

er...since when do American's care about the rest of the world

and lighten up ...I thought your wife was an American
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yup, thats the typical US response to other countries traditions...basically "**** em we'll change them to suit ourselves"
Yessir, that's what I'm trying to do, singlehandedly I might add. Rushman, do try and find someone in this country that isn't out to get you and your traditions.....
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

er...since when do American's care about the rest of the world

and lighten up ...I thought your wife was an American
Maybe she's the only American that isn't out to get him.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.