Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Oedipus Americanus

Oedipus Americanus

Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Oedipus Americanus

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Thought you were ignoring me?

And you can only be blackmailed if you allow someone to blackmail you. :rolleyes:
I asked you to ignore me, never said I was ignoring you. Your undying patriotism gives me too many laughs.

You can be emotionally blackmailed by your kids, mother blah blah blah to buy them a valentine card, not neccessarliy by Hallmark.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
ah but people buy them....tis pure marketing genius!

actually at school on Valentines alll the kids give each other a card and some candy...never did do that in the U.k, it's fun for the kids and heck Halloween was almost four months ago!!!
It is fun, unless you're the kid that doesn't get any Valentines. Anyway, you know what I think is absolutely the most annoying thing in the world? The ******* day after Christmas, the stores are putting out the Valentines crap!
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:27 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Errm, isn't that what Mother's Day is for?
Thats in May, I would like at least one *** between New Year and May (Mothers Day) so by making my wife go 'are thats sooooo cute!" I am guarenteed at least some slobber on my knobber!

Last edited by Patrick; Jan 8th 2006 at 1:29 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dimsie
Not exactly an Oedipus story, but:
Last year in February we'd just bought a house (with the $$$ I got from mine in the UK) and my husband's old house was likely to go on the market after some renovation - the estate agent who dealt us during the purchase sent us a Valentine Card on 14 Feb. Presumably buttering us up to get the next bit of business in selling husband's house. We let her do it, for her cheek ! Mind you, after 6 months it's still not finally sold, so she's had to wait for her $$
prime example of what a load of bollocks valentines day has become in the US.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Patrick
Thats in May, I would like at least one *** between New Year and May (Mothers Day) so by making my wife go 'are thats sooooo cute!" I am guarenteed at least a slobber on my knobber!

ROFLMFAO

Classic, bloody classic mate!!!!
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
I asked you to ignore me, never said I was ignoring you. Your undying patriotism gives me too many laughs.

You can be emotionally blackmailed by your kids, mother blah blah blah to buy them a valentine card, not neccessarliy by Hallmark.

Oh yeah, that's me Yankee Doodle Woman.... Ignore you? I think not!

Well isn't it Hallmark that's marketing that type of blackmail?
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:30 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

oh leave her alone you bully!

besides cards cost under $ 4 even at Hallmark..what gets my goat is that awful Zales commercial were the cute little girl is saving to buy mommy a Valentines necklace....no wait maybe that's their mother's Day pitch?? argh...it's all so confusing...I reckon they want us to buiy their stuff all year round....but that could be a conspiracy theory
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

It is fun, unless you're the kid that doesn't get any Valentines.
Then maybe that kid shouldnt have been such an overbearing bore.

If NONE of the kids got them then NONE would feel bad. It just makes a mockery of tradition, not that the USA has ever had any respect for tradition anyway.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dimsie
the estate agent who dealt us during the purchase sent us a Valentine Card on 14 Feb.
Now that's pretty bad.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:33 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Thats in May, I would like at least one *** between New Year and May (Mothers Day) so by making my wife go 'are thats sooooo cute!" I am guarenteed at least some slobber on my knobber!
PMSL!!!! have you tried foreplay deary...
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Then maybe that kid shouldnt have been such an overbearing bore.

If NONE of the kids got them then NONE would feel bad. It just makes a mockery of tradition, not that the USA has ever had any respect for tradition anyway.
Oh ffs, who has to be a slave to any tradition?
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

Oh yeah, that's me Yankee Doodle Woman.... Ignore you? I think not!

Well isn't it Hallmark that's marketing that type of blackmail?
FFS Of course they are marketing it. Because they know that people here will buy any piece of crap to keep kids happy and the wife smiling. Its embedded into the psyche now for USC to buy Valentine cards for EVERYBODY instead of just .............oh FFS I give up.

Last edited by rushman; Jan 8th 2006 at 1:37 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:35 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

I think I know a dog who could help you out there, and you only have to spring for a Boneo to get some attention to *your* Boneo...
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

FFS Of course they are marketing it. Because they know that people here will buy any piece of crap to keep kids happy and the wife smiling. Its embedded into the phsyce now for USC to buy Valentine cards for EVERYBODY instead of just .............oh FFS I give up.
What, you don't buy a Valentine for your dog?
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:37 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

What, you don't buy a Valentine for your dog?
And there I was saying a Boneo was good enough!! That shows me I'm out of my depth here in the US...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.