British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Occupational Therapist Seeking to immigrate to USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/occupational-therapist-seeking-immigrate-usa-938458/)

OTMovingToUS May 5th 2021 7:58 am

Occupational Therapist Seeking to immigrate to USA

Hello Friends,

I am seeking to relocate to US within a year or year and a half from UK. I am an occupational therapist, I'll have my phd from US university on May 2022, it's an online course. I came across a post a while ago from 2017 with person who has relocated with her job (OT as well) to US 10 years ago. Unfortunately that person is no longer active. However, she mentioned that she was helped by recruitment agency to find a strong company that would sponsor her. Since I will have my phd in 2022 May, I would be eligible to participate in master H1-B draw with extra 20,000 visa slots. I was wondering if anyone can point me to health care speciality having recruitment agencies in the US that would be kind enough to assist me with finding a company that would be able to sponsor me?

I am unable to post links to the post yet due to forum restrictions, apologies.

Thank you for reading.

scrubbedexpat099 May 6th 2021 12:31 am

Re: Occupational Therapist Seeking to immigrate to USA

I sort of assumed most jobs in this area would not be subject to the cap?

Can your College help with job placement?

Himaninahta9 Mar 11th 2022 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by OTMovingToUS (Post 13002586)
Hello Friends,

I am seeking to relocate to US within a year or year and a half from UK. I am an occupational therapist, I'll have my phd from US university on May 2022, it's an online course. I came across a post a while ago from 2017 with person who has relocated with her job (OT as well) to US 10 years ago. Unfortunately that person is no longer active. However, she mentioned that she was helped by recruitment agency to find a strong company that would sponsor her. Since I will have my phd in 2022 May, I would be eligible to participate in master H1-B draw with extra 20,000 visa slots. I was wondering if anyone can point me to health care speciality having recruitment agencies in the US that would be kind enough to assist me with finding a company that would be able to sponsor me?

I am unable to post links to the post yet due to forum restrictions, apologies.

Thank you for reading.

Hi I’m an occupational therapist in the UK. I am also seeking advice on how to immigrate to USA as an OT as a career path. I also read the post you have mentioned about. Can we get in touch please so that we can discuss about this. I don’t know you name. But can you add me on Instagram, LinkedIn or Facebook? Or even Snapchat? My name is <snip> and social media handle is: <snip>
do reply if you read this! I know about a work visa option as my sister’s in USA on a work visa (but I’m unsure if health care companies have that option). Would like to connect with you as there are very few occupational therapist taking this route.

Jerseygirl Mar 11th 2022 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Himaninahta9 (Post 13100672)
Hi I’m an occupational therapist in the UK. I am also seeking advice on how to immigrate to USA as an OT as a career path. I also read the post you have mentioned about. Can we get in touch please so that we can discuss about this. I don’t know you name. But can you add me on Instagram, LinkedIn or Facebook? Or even Snapchat?
do reply if you read this! I know about a work visa option as my sister’s in USA on a work visa (but I’m unsure if health care companies have that option). Would like to connect with you as there are very few occupational therapist taking this route.

The OP hasn’t been logged into BE for almost a year. I suggest you open a new thread.

Thread closed.