obtaining police certificate in london from afar

obtaining police certificate in london from afar

Old Sep 9th 2002, 9:25 pm
cmp
Forum Regular

cmp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default obtaining police certificate in london from afar

All,

Any help with this would be appreciated.... ! My fiancee lived in London for 15 mos. and we need to get his police certificate from there for DCF filing. He mailed a request in. Is there a phone number where you can check to make sure London Police received it? A number where you can pay some exorbitant fee and they will airmail it to you? Thanks for any advice. Anyone have any experience with getting this via mail?

Grazie!
Old Sep 9th 2002, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: obtaining police certificate in london from afar

They are by law supposed to send it to you within 40 days,
and seem to do that.
If you want to chase them you need to phone the local Police Headquarters where you sent it to.
Old Sep 11th 2002, 10:37 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cmp:
All,

Any help with this would be appreciated.... ! My fiancee lived in London for 15 mos. and we need to get his police certificate from there for DCF filing. He mailed a request in. Is there a phone number where you can check to make sure London Police received it? A number where you can pay some exorbitant fee and they will airmail it to you? Thanks for any advice. Anyone have any experience with getting this via mail?

Grazie!
We were outside the country when we ordered the British police cert. They were very helpful at the local level and we received the certificate (by Greek mail no less!) within the 40 days.
Old Sep 11th 2002, 3:54 pm
cmp
Forum Regular

Was it in the 20-30 day mark? Or closer to 40? I am hopeful myself and soon to be hubby will be able to fly out together!!!

Originally posted by meauxna:

We were outside the country when we ordered the British police cert. They were very helpful at the local level and we received the certificate (by Greek mail no less!) within the 40 days.
Old Sep 12th 2002, 8:59 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Was it in the 20-30 day mark? Or closer to 40? I am hopeful myself and soon to be hubby will be able to fly out together!!!
OK, looking back in my little diary...
April 15: called to get correct form mailed to us from UK Police
April 22: mailed form to our agent in UK to include 10pound cheque and forward to local police.
May 10 rc'd notice of receipt and that the 40 day clock was ticking
June 6 rc'd certificate

YMMV
Old Sep 12th 2002, 2:04 pm
cmp
Forum Regular

YOWSERS! More like 2 months total process! I am wondering if it was posted in London, where we could call to check in on it. I assume to Scotland Yard or something? Suggestions?

Originally posted by meauxna:

OK, looking back in my little diary...
April 15: called to get correct form mailed to us from UK Police
April 22: mailed form to our agent in UK to include 10pound cheque and forward to local police.
May 10 rc'd notice of receipt and that the 40 day clock was ticking
June 6 rc'd certificate

YMMV
Old Sep 12th 2002, 11:08 pm

YOWSERS! More like 2 months total process! I am wondering if it was posted in London, where we could call to check in on it. I assume to Scotland Yard or something? Suggestions?

Please remember that we were dealing with the Greek mail system here.

I'm sure things will move faster elsewhere.