Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Obtaining Documentation of Recovery from Covid

Obtaining Documentation of Recovery from Covid

Old Aug 28th 2021, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obtaining Documentation of Recovery from Covid

Originally Posted by bullettoothtony
Fully vaccinated with Pfizer.

A PCR may be gold standard but if I was genuinely infected (positive) the CDC doesn't recommend getting another viral test as it will likely read positive up to 3 months past the original infection and despite recovery. To say whether or not the first antigen test was a false positive would be guess work on my part.

The only legitimate path seems to me to be visiting a Dr so I can be cleared for travel. Im not sure how many cases the airlines have seen like this but it can't be zero. Hopefully I have interpreted correctly and have an employee who is under the same understanding at check in.
Did you have any Covid-symptoms? Were you infected prior, and if so, how long ago? If a PCR test brings back negative, then chances are that you were not infected. I'd be surprised if you were a "breakthrough" infection case given that you are fully Pfizer vaccinated, and that you wore masks on your journey. Everything points in the direction of a false-positive antigen test. Hence why some countries mandate PCR for entry.
Old Aug 28th 2021, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

bullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond repute

To keep this thread updated, I went to a private clinic this morning to obtain the required letter stating proof of recovery. This was very straight forward - discussion with Dr and an exam of vitals including breathing, pulse oxygenation etc. For those interested, I asked the Dr. If this was done before and was informed that they have plenty of experience writing these letters for different countries including for individuals wanting to travel to the USA.

Onward to tomorrow when we are supposed to fly back. Hopefully using the documentation to check in at the airport goes as smoothly.
Old Aug 28th 2021, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute

To keep this thread updated, I went to a private clinic this morning to obtain the required letter stating proof of recovery. This was very straight forward - discussion with Dr and an exam of vitals including breathing, pulse oxygenation etc. For those interested, I asked the Dr. If this was done before and was informed that they have plenty of experience writing these letters for different countries including for individuals wanting to travel to the USA.

Onward to tomorrow when we are supposed to fly back. Hopefully using the documentation to check in at the airport goes as smoothly.
thanks for the update and good luck tomorrow!
Old Aug 29th 2021, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

I am still speechless that you managed to contract Covid-19 - symptomless - while being fully Pfizer vaccinated and wearing masks.
Old Aug 29th 2021, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone
I am still speechless that you managed to contract Covid-19 - symptomless - while being fully Pfizer vaccinated and wearing masks.
That happened to a colleague of my son a couple of weeks back. He is in his 60s and is fully vaccinated with Pfizer and very aware of the dangers of Covid as my son nearly died of it a few months back after contracting it from work. “Andy” had been to see his grandchildren so did a routine home test on himself a few days later and it tested positive. The 15 man bubble at work were sent home, Andy’s PCR test also came back positive so they all had to work from home for another week or so. Andy had zero symptoms and fortunately no one else at work caught it.
Old Aug 29th 2021, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

bullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond reputebullettoothtony has a reputation beyond repute

We just got done at british airways check in. While the staff member checking us in said it was not normal, our documentation was accepted without any fuss. Next time it will be checked is when we land in DFW.
Old Aug 30th 2021, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

To round out my experience, everything went very smoothly yesterday at DFW. We used global entry, but not sure that made a difference.

The hardest part of this whole process seemed to be understanding what our options were after testing positive and then finding a healthcare practice willing to write the letter of recovery. Once we had done that we just needed to abide by the self isolation rules in the UK.

Hopefully this thread will help others who may unfortunately find themselves in the same situation.
Old Aug 30th 2021, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Scot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really niceScot1 is just really nice

To round out my experience, everything went very smoothly yesterday at DFW. We used global entry, but not sure that made a difference.

The hardest part of this whole process seemed to be understanding what our options were after testing positive and then finding a healthcare practice willing to write the letter of recovery. Once we had done that we just needed to abide by the self isolation rules in the UK.

Hopefully this thread will help others who may unfortunately find themselves in the same situation.
Thanks for the updates. I’m expecting to be in the UK this week for 10 days. Hopefully won’t be in your situation but it’s good to know the process involved if required.