Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Obsession with temperature

Obsession with temperature

Old Aug 5th 2006, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obsession with temperature

I'm not sure it is just temperature, I think the obsession is with the weather in general. Having said that, the weather here can be extreme and also change very quickly, one minute sunshine, next minute driving rain, hail, tornados etc. So in some respects I believe the obsession is justified, people need to know what is going on with the weather.

- Tim
Old Aug 5th 2006, 3:19 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

what with the "it's 82 degrees in Atlanta", 81 in Duluth, 83 in Norcross, 80 at the Airport, 83 downtown, 82 in the store next to publix where it was only 81 and it's 83 if you move two feet to the right....

I dont friggin care what the temperature is RIGHT NOW in every village in my town within 10 miles. Just tell me what the friggin temp is going to be around here TOMORROW.... Dip Shxts...
Old Aug 5th 2006, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by franc11s
what with the "it's 82 degrees in Atlanta", 81 in Duluth, 83 in Norcross, 80 at the Airport, 83 downtown, 82 in the store next to publix where it was only 81 and it's 83 if you move two feet to the right....

I dont friggin care what the temperature is RIGHT NOW in every village in my town within 10 miles. Just tell me what the friggin temp is going to be around here TOMORROW.... Dip Shxts...
haha just a bit ott as with most things over here
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:37 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Partystar
Oneupmanship maybe?!
Got it in one.

We should give Texas back to Mexico. Its too hot for Europeans
Old Aug 6th 2006, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC2Dorset
I'm the one here in UK trying to convert C to F. Everytime I talk to my parents in NC they are talking about temps up in 104 with a heat index of 120. Never hear anyone say anything about heat index here in UK.
Well I didn't realise that the UV index went above 11 until I came here. I'm sure in Sunderland it only ever got above 5 if there was a printing error in the local paper.

The odd thing about Tucson is that if it doesn't rain at the airport, it hasn't officially rained. Try telling that to the poor people who discover their roof leaks...
Old Aug 7th 2006, 5:18 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I have 80º, 59% humidity and the dewpoint is 64º.
...which makes the 'Heat Index" a sweltering 147 degrees.

I am so sick of hearing how hot it is in NY or Chicago...come on down to AL/GA where it's been in the mid to high 90's since June with humidity's in the 95% range every day. Do we ever make the news? Hell no.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
come on down to AL/GA where it's been in the mid to high 90's since June with humidity's in the 95% range every day. Do we ever make the news? Hell no.
Aren't you guys used to living in hell?