Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

An Obama win can keep me in America!

Wikiposts

An Obama win can keep me in America!

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 1:42 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: An Obama win can keep me in America!

Considering Bush has been spending as a Liberal, not much will change when Obama gets in. Only sad part is, he will continue to spend. US is screwed unless we take drstic action. It all started with Clinton, mashed up with Bush and nail in coffin with Obama!

Here is my simple minded take... Everyone talks about "the markets coming back" but my question is "back to what?". If the last 10 years of growth was built on Fraud (Clinton's was too... read .COM and Enron)... then unless we commit another fraud, where's the growth coming from...

Be prepared to batten down the hatches... http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle21130.htm

Scary for sure. Government MUST, I say MUST cut spending....
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 1:46 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

And the UK is in the same sess pit.. (actually thanks to the banks, all of the countries are)...

Brown - Robbing pension funds
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 2:04 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc111s
Considering Bush has been spending as a Liberal, not much will change when Obama gets in. Only sad part is, he will continue to spend. US is screwed unless we take drstic action. It all started with Clinton, mashed up with Bush and nail in coffin with Obama!

Here is my simple minded take... Everyone talks about "the markets coming back" but my question is "back to what?". If the last 10 years of growth was built on Fraud (Clinton's was too... read .COM and Enron)... then unless we commit another fraud, where's the growth coming from...

Be prepared to batten down the hatches... http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle21130.htm

Scary for sure. Government MUST, I say MUST cut spending....
You're a little out. It all started with Reagan -- find yourself some good graphs -- we had one on here the other day if you look around. Clinton was the only one since then who actually turned the trend of spending too much around -- both Bushes carried on the Reagan legacy. Spending as a liberal is a cute little phrase that is patently wrong. Try to get the mantra out of your head.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 5:51 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You're a little out. It all started with Reagan -- find yourself some good graphs -- we had one on here the other day if you look around. Clinton was the only one since then who actually turned the trend of spending too much around -- both Bushes carried on the Reagan legacy. Spending as a liberal is a cute little phrase that is patently wrong. Try to get the mantra out of your head.
Fatbrit, I'm calling you out on this.
If a President had the power to deliver a good economy, then why wouldn't he?
Why didn't Carter just use this mystical executive power?

I think it disingenuous to apportion credit and blame to just the Executive in isolation. It's the House and the Senate. Incidentally, I think the record shows that the economy does best with a Democrat President and a Republican House and Senate.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye

I think it disingenuous to apportion credit and blame to just the Executive in isolation. It's the House and the Senate. Incidentally, I think the record shows that the economy does best with a Democrat President and a Republican House and Senate.
Bingo. You never want one party to control congress and the office of president, that will end in nothing but a mess.

I predict a democrat landslide in congress this year, and in 2 years a republican landslide in congress after people realize everything is still out of control and nothing has really changed.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:00 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye

I was answering franc's two allegations: that the problem started when Clinton was president and that the liberals are the irresponsible spenders.

The shift of power to the executive branch is also a mistake that has greatly accelerated in recent times. Let's not forget which party it is that actually wants to remove one of the three separate but equal branches of our government and who, for 6 of the last 8 years, turned the legislative branch into a rubber-stamp exercise.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:32 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
But if McCain does win, I'm out of here and on my way to Europe.I'm sure many Americans feel the same way.Also let me say that Sarah Palin is the most unqualified person to ever run for Vice President in recent American history.
You're full of shit.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:57 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
You're full of shit.
No, you're full of shit!

Oh look, I'm participating in American politics! This is how politics here works, isn't it?

(oh, and YankeeMovingAbroad really is completely full of shit)
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:26 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
No, you're full of shit!

Oh look, I'm participating in American politics! This is how politics here works, isn't it?

(oh, and YankeeMovingAbroad really is completely full of shit)

And I didn't have to buy new clothes or a bunch of TV time.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:13 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Around the $500 mill mark I believe so far..
Old Nov 5th 2008, 3:27 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

I am even more proud of America.I get to spend much of my time every year in America.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 3:36 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
I am even more proud of America.I get to spend much of my time every year in America.
Because America sucked before, but now has miraculously been transformed from stem to stern overnight.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 3:37 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

... nor a razor - you could be the 6th president to have a full beard.....
Old Nov 5th 2008, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Bingo. You never want one party to control congress and the office of president, that will end in nothing but a mess.
You do realize that when this country was founded, there were no parties. And G. Washington himself warned of the evils of a two party system.

I'm of the mind that ALL parties should be abolished and every politician is basically an independent. We would then vote based on where a person stood on the issues, not the party they are affiliated with.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 3:56 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Because America sucked before, but now has miraculously been transformed from stem to stern overnight.
Kinda!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.