Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

An Obama win can keep me in America!

An Obama win can keep me in America!

Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Re: An Obama win can keep me in America!

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad
But if McCain does win, I'm out of here and on my way to Europe.I'm sure many Americans feel the same way.Also let me say that Sarah Palin is the most unqualified person to ever run for Vice President in recent American history.
Can you maybe elaborate on why you think she is unqualified.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:56 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by effi
because she has a "profound ignorance regarding our basic liberties"?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_139729.html
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:14 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Nah, it's just you, sweetheart.
No No No !!! Do not blame your bad disposition on me.That kind of attitude is a british thingy

Cynical,bad attitude,sour puss= British(some, not all) person

Say something kind.I dare you!! It would be so un-British of you.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:26 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

No No No !!! Do not blame your bad disposition on me.That kind of attitude is a british thingy

Cynical,bad attitude,sour puss= British(some, not all) person

Say something kind.I dare you!! It would be so un-British of you.
I do hope you are not planning on moving to Britain with that kind of opinion. You would certainly endear yourself to the Saturday night pub crowd
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:30 pm
Banned

YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by effi
In non pressure situations, Mrs Palin seems to panick and feel pressure.Example being her soft ball interviews with Catie Couric. Some how Mrs Palin has the idea that the job of Vice President includes controlling the agenda of the Senate.Mrs Palin also has it in her mind that only certain regions of America are pro America.I find that opinion very puzzling considering that she and her husband have attended meetings held by radical groups whose agenda include having Alaska to break away from America.Indeed Sarah Palin is a politicain who is way over her head and has no business seeking the job of VP.I'm not the only Republican to have this opinion of her.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 10:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
I do hope you are not planning on moving to Britain with that kind of opinion. You would certainly endear yourself to the Saturday night pub crowd
I will never say that to a person unless they behaved rude with out just cause.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

In non pressure situations, Mrs Palin seems to panick and feel pressure.Example being her soft ball interviews with Catie Couric. Some how Mrs Palin has the idea that the job of Vice President includes controlling the agenda of the Senate.Mrs Palin also has it in her mind that only certain regions of America are pro America.I find that opinion very puzzling considering that she and her husband have attended meetings held by radical groups whose agenda include having Alaska to break away from America.Indeed Sarah Palin is a politicain who is way over her head and has no business seeking the job of VP.I'm not the only Republican to have this opinion of her.
Oh my goodness, they hung out with a radical group, did they blow anything up, or publicly damn America, or come to this country illegally?????
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 3:30 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

I find that opinion very puzzling considering that she and her husband have attended meetings held by radical groups whose agenda include having Alaska to break away from America.
If people start mentioning who they used to hang out with wouldn't the name Jeremiah Wright start getting used again? Obama denounced his connection there and I am sure the Palins would do the same but they would obviously be more disingenuous, well because they are the Palins.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 2:35 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303
If people start mentioning who they used to hang out with wouldn't the name Jeremiah Wright start getting used again? Obama denounced his connection there and I am sure the Palins would do the same but they would obviously be more disingenuous, well because they are the Palins.
I've hung out with some pretty 'different' people myself, including my ex-con brother and cousin, my gun-toting dad, classmates that went on to commit murder, KKK people that I didn't have a clue about, and there was a cross-burning in my hometown in the late 70s. Good thing it wasn't held against me went I applied for jobs.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:59 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

The one thing I really like about the Palin family is the new fiance - he looks like he's walking around with a gun stuck in his back
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski
The one thing I really like about the Palin family is the new fiance - he looks like he's walking around with a gun stuck in his back
That's it! You put your finger right on how he does look!
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 11:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sime303
I'd be more than happy to give the Palins benefit of the doubt on whether or not they attended those seperatist group meetings because of curiosity or because of true belief in Alaska seperating from America.

Now if only they would give Hillary Clinton that same consideration when the GOP are attacking her for everything under the sun..It would also be good if they would give Obama to same consideration about his patriotism and love for his country.Sadly,the Right wingers instead call Barack a supporter of terrorist.Some people will say anything to win an election.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 11:53 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be more than happy to give the Palins benefit of the doubt on whether or not they attended those seperatist group meetings because of curiosity or because of true belief in Alaska seperating from America.
<snirk> Yeah, riiiiiight.
I'll go on a (short low) limb and say that 'curiosity' is not a Palin trait.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case anyone missed it: Palin prank.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:41 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
because she has a "profound ignorance regarding our basic liberties"?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_139729.html
so does Obama.

or at least he thinks iits fine to ignorethe constitution

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.