Reload this Page >

Obama/Democrat thread

Obama/Democrat thread

Old Feb 3rd 2012, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

EnglishKimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Obama/Democrat thread

Originally Posted by paulpur
Ok so we have all seen and read and had a few laughs at the Republican debate thread....heres the Obama/Democrat thread
What is the thoughts on Obama and how he has faired in his first term, especially considering the strongest partisan crap that has been plagueing DC for years now?
and also, do you reckon he should get the Democratic nomination and be allowed to run for a second term? or should someone like Hilary get the nomination and be allowed to give it a go??
whats your thoughts?
Well im in american government class at school and also living in Texas im surrounded by alot of people going for republican. they seem to not know why they want to vote republican. All they seem to say is to knock obama out and thats it haha no plan. They say that texas has been a republican state for years and years but texas only been republican for the last ten years before that it was purely democratic. But i think maybe obama should get a second shot but im not sure because i dont want to make america as soft as britain is. And im not sure on his whole healthbill, i think there should be one but not the way he is suggesting it?
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 2:59 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obama/Democrat thread

Originally Posted by EnglishKimmy
Well im in american government class at school and also living in Texas im surrounded by alot of people going for republican. they seem to not know why they want to vote republican. All they seem to say is to knock obama out and thats it haha no plan. They say that texas has been a republican state for years and years but texas only been republican for the last ten years before that it was purely democratic. But i think maybe obama should get a second shot but im not sure because i dont want to make america as soft as britain is. And im not sure on his whole healthbill, i think there should be one but not the way he is suggesting it?
Texas has had a Republican governor for 17 straight years. The four governorships before that alternated Rep/Dem every other term. The legislature was predominantly Republican even during the Democratic terms.

Before that, Texas Democrats and Republicans were completely different parties, appealing to different bases. Texas has always been socially conservative.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

paulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of light

And im not sure on his whole healthbill, i think there should be one but not the way he is suggesting it?
interesting point, do you have any thoughts on what the healthbill should contain/be?
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

interesting point, do you have any thoughts on what the healthbill should contain/be?

sorry about that haha! i was only repeating about republicans/demo what my teacher said. so he was wrong haha!. Anyways healthcare bill well its hard subject/debate. But living in england most of my life i grew up with free healthcare. However i saw alot of people abuse the healthcare system like taking up doctors and nurses time when they didnt need to.seeing doctors and nurses being over worked. Anyways over here its a compelete different story its so expensive to get any form of healthcare. My parents and me got shots for the green card and it cost us like $300 bucks per person. What obama is suggesting isnt comepelely bad but i dont think he knows how much money its gonna cost america. in the first ten years its gonna cost billions of dollars. wheres that money gonna come from? i think they need something like a healthcare system but i dont know exactly what. what do you think?
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

paulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of light

i agree that there is definately something needing done, with doctors/hospital fees being so expensive and insurance rates even worse, and increasing big time , all the time....but like you, im not exactly up on the ins and outs of it all enough yet to be able to offer an alternativeive only been here for just over 2years and was used to the NHS as well, it was great knowing you didnt have to worry about an illness or accident bankrupting you but as you said, alot of people abused the system...me personally, i cant remember the last time i was at a hospital and had only been to my doctor twice in about 10years when i was back in Scotland
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:22 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex
Moral high ground? It's the election - he'll be every bit as craven and dirty as any other politician would be and he has been. Maybe even more so than when he ran versus Hillary for the nomination. Good heavens that was dirty. It's not like his run against McCain was all positivity and substance. Add I think the reason a lot of Democrat/liberal pundits were so unimpressed with the SOTU was that Obama ditched the moral high ground for populist naff. He's entirely abandoned any pretense of being a post-political politician. Which is hardly surprising considering it was all bollocks anyway. You can still like him very much - or at least be able to compare him favorably to Romney - without still believing that he's the altruist and Romney's the nefarious one. They're all egotistical lying wankers.
You can't really decry a black and white argument by replacing it with an all black one. It's surely shades.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:24 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

but i dont think he knows how much money its gonna cost america. in the first ten years its gonna cost billions of dollars. wheres that money gonna come from? i think they need something like a healthcare system but i dont know exactly what. what do you think?
Start by looking at what the US spends per person on healthcare and compare this with countries with similar economies and standards of living. You'll quickly find the answer.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

i agree that there is definately something needing done, with doctors/hospital fees being so expensive and insurance rates even worse, and increasing big time , all the time....but like you, im not exactly up on the ins and outs of it all enough yet to be able to offer an alternativeive only been here for just over 2years and was used to the NHS as well, it was great knowing you didnt have to worry about an illness or accident bankrupting you but as you said, alot of people abused the system...me personally, i cant remember the last time i was at a hospital and had only been to my doctor twice in about 10years when i was back in Scotland
oh yea same i never much went to hospital or doctors. shortly after i moved here i had to go the denist and get these invisble braces for my teeth. That cost my dad 5000 dollars. Students get braces free in uk! One thing i have noticed about the politics here that theres only two major parties unlike uk.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:26 pm
Septicity

that theres only two major parties
Yep -- the extreme right and the extreme far right.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Yep -- the extreme right and the extreme far right.
And wonder if some people dont bother voting because they are in the middle. Boston tea party can bugger off though lol
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

perhaps thats what is needed then, more than anything else, another party or 2, perhaps that will up the politicians game and force them to work for their jobs....and i dont consider the tea party a third party, they are just republicans trying to pass themselves off as being different i think
one thing i have noticed is that its so easy to get nothing done in D.C, what with all the filibustering and stall tactics. Likes of Boehner when Obama got elected, never said nothing about trying to help the people or make government work, the only thing he said was that he was solely concentrating on getting the white house back, i think that alone shows how much they care for the ordinary joe on the street
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

perhaps thats what is needed then, more than anything else, another party or 2, perhaps that will up the politicians game and force them to work for their jobs....and i dont consider the tea party a third party, they are just republicans trying to pass themselves off as being different i think
one thing i have noticed is that its so easy to get nothing done in D.C, what with all the filibustering and stall tactics. Likes of Boehner when Obama got elected, never said nothing about trying to help the people or make government work, the only thing he said was that he was solely concentrating on getting the white house back, i think that alone shows how much they care for the ordinary joe on the street
oh yea i dont either consider the boston tea party an 3rd party either. D.C is like a shark tank! lol
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:38 pm
Septicity

And wonder if some people dont bother voting because they are in the middle. Boston tea party can bugger off though lol
There's always Roseanne Barr.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

another thing that might help the whole process in general might be kicking the PAC's and superPAC's to the kerb, make everyone run for their position on merit and goals/policies , not whomever has the deepest pockets to sling the mud more
term limits could help as well, might get rid of the 'good ol boy' thing that seems to have left D.C in a rut....as my wife says 'keep putting the same ol shit in means that youll keep getting the same ol shit out'
or to paraphrase einstein 'doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity'
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

another thing that might help the whole process in general might be kicking the PAC's and superPAC's to the kerb, make everyone run for their position on merit and goals/policies , not whomever has the deepest pockets to sling the mud more
term limits could help as well, might get rid of the 'good ol boy' thing that seems to have left D.C in a rut....as my wife says 'keep putting the same ol shit in means that youll keep getting the same ol shit out'
or to paraphrase einstein 'doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity'
yea that might work. But the thing is i dont think america are ready to try something new in politics. I think if they got rid of the pac's there would be alot of moaning especially from the parties.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.