Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Obama/Democrat thread

Obama/Democrat thread

Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obama/Democrat thread

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex
Page 154 of Dreams From My Father - I'm holding it right in front of me -

"In Indonesia, I had spent two years at a Muslim school, two years at a Catholic school. In the Muslim school, the teacher wrote to tell my mother that I made faces during Koranic studies."

I think that pretty much settles that one.
That is sacrilegious. Any good conservative wouldn't have such a book at home but instead just make up the story.

Now I'm going to have to be more careful with you.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
You missed it again. He was being sarcastic, I think.
Oh FFS - with all the lying insane shit put out by the republican side of things I can't tell anymore what the F is going on...

Help me Obi Wan - you're my only hope...

Last edited by HarryTheSpider; Jan 24th 2012 at 1:35 am.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:47 am
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

That is sacrilegious. Any good conservative wouldn't have such a book at home but instead just make up the story.

Now I'm going to have to be more careful with you.
Conservative? Wah? I'm not a conservative of any sort. If I was allowed to register with a party it would be Democrat. Quite why you've come up with that is anyone's guess.

Last edited by Captain Cheesestick; Jan 24th 2012 at 1:51 am.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Conservative? Wah? I'm not a conservative of any sort. If I was allowed to register with a party it would be Democrat. Quite why you've come up with that is anyone's guess.
I'm disappointed then. I thought I was going to be able to have a sensible debate with someone on the other side. I just thought maybe you were one of those almost extinct species.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:03 am
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

I'm disappointed then. I thought I was going to be able to have a sensible debate with someone on the other side. I just thought maybe you were one of those almost extinct species.
No mate - I'm just not as partisan as some that's all. Blows my mind when people actually believe their party is altruistic and the other is inherently nefarious.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No mate - I'm just not as partisan as some that's all. Blows my mind when people actually believe their party is altruistic and the other is inherently nefarious.
There you go again. Using words that I don't understand. Do you speak French also?
Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This year is a little different that any other primary I have ever experienced. When Bush was running against McCain in 2000, I didn't think either was radical and if either won the nomination and became president, I was ok with that. When my g/f asked me which one I thought was better, I said they are both pretty much the same expect Bush wears his religion on his sleave. However I didn't expect that Bush was going to get us deeply involved in all those wars and had advisors that seemed to even want more wars. Also when Cheney was chosen as VP, I originally thought that was a pretty good choice but Cheney seemed to present himself in a sort of dictorial attitude when he was in office.

During 2008, again when McCain was nominated, I didn't think that was too bad of a choice and could accept him as president. The main thing I didn't like about McCain was that I worried that he would keep the US in Iraq and Afghanistan forever and may start another war with Iran and also didn't like that he had to pander to the far right to get the nomination (but I understood that he had to).

As far as this year crop of republican candidates, there were probably three that were acceptable to many on the left of center (Romney, Pawlenty, and Huntsman) even though they all pandered to the far right but some not as much as others. As far as Romney, I could probably be satisfied with him as president if I really knew were he stood on the issues. Unfortunately it is difficult to define where the center is anymore since of course we all know Obama is a communist.

As far as all other republican presidents prior to that, I didn't have any problems with any of them.

As far as Obama is concerned, he does pander to the unions but they get little, he panders to immigration reform but has done little in that effort, he thinks that universal health care is important, he would rather use diplomacy to settle conflicts instead of starting wars, he thinks that the banks should be regulated so that we don't have another economic crisis, he feels that the environment is important to protect, and he feels that there has been an inequality in income created over the past 30 years. To me, that doesn't sound anything more than mainstream democratic party for the past 40 years.

Last edited by Michael; Jan 24th 2012 at 3:38 am.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

The wife (USC) suddenly stated tonight that if Newt gets elected we are going to leave the country and go back to the UK. I fear she may have been serious!
Old Jan 24th 2012, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
The wife (USC) suddenly stated tonight that if Newt gets elected we are going to leave the country and go back to the UK. I fear she may have been serious!
I'll be there right along with her! My UK immigrant visa is still valid!
Old Jan 24th 2012, 5:25 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Hold your horses, there, Bluegrass Lass.

On the one hand, you've got this:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...the-swamp.html

But on the other hand, you've got Georgie Fame Soros predicting a serious curtailment of civil liberties in the US:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...war.print.html
Old Jan 24th 2012, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

garfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the roughgarfro is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
I'll be there right along with her! My UK immigrant visa is still valid!
Jumping in here
thats why im getting out, the thought of him with Palin as sec of energy, and john bolton as sec of defense i cant imagine a scarier world
Old Jan 24th 2012, 5:32 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garfro
Jumping in here
thats why im getting out, the thought of him with Palin as sec of energy, and john bolton as sec of defense i cant imagine a scarier world
Slaps head. You're trolling, right?
Old Jan 24th 2012, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Hold your horses, there, Bluegrass Lass.

On the one hand, you've got this:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/c...the-swamp.html

But on the other hand, you've got Georgie Fame Soros predicting a serious curtailment of civil liberties in the US:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...war.print.html
Oh no, you can't be quoting George Soros. You must be getting very confused.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 5:48 am
Peace onion

Not really. You see, unlike you gonks, I don't see the world in black and white.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Not really. You see, unlike you gonks, I don't see the world in black and white.
Yah, I guess. I can't think of one thing I would quote from his equivalent on the right (the Koch brothers).

But I do agree with some of the things that Ron Paul has to say but then is he really on the right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.