Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Obama/Democrat thread

Obama/Democrat thread

Old Jan 23rd 2012, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

paulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of light
Default Obama/Democrat thread

Ok so we have all seen and read and had a few laughs at the Republican debate thread....heres the Obama/Democrat thread
What is the thoughts on Obama and how he has faired in his first term, especially considering the strongest partisan crap that has been plagueing DC for years now?
and also, do you reckon he should get the Democratic nomination and be allowed to run for a second term? or should someone like Hilary get the nomination and be allowed to give it a go??
whats your thoughts?
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all
Default Re: Obama/Democrat thread

I thought Hillary said that she didn't want the top job, in fact I have a vague recollection of reading that she didn't want SoS again, assuming BHO were to be re-elected.

I think that BHO could've done a lot more prior to the mid-terms when he had more control of the Houses of Congress, but instead he seems to have tried to be the great conciliator.

Maybe if the Democrats gain control of Congress back, and he is re-elected, he'll be more forceful in his second term, when he doesn't have to worry about re-election again.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

paulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of light

lol @ the hair hehe...tbh, not only looking for the left's opinion . rather just a general perspective on how people see Obama/Dems and how they rate the chances of him being re-elected, i know there are quite a few on here who follow the political arena closely
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 7:01 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I think they should take more vacations. In separate motorcades and aircraft, four hours part. That's what I think.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 7:18 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I think they should take more vacations.
But not as many as Bush?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20093801.shtml
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 7:30 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Nor as many as Reagan, either.

How very left-wing of you to put facts in the way of people's pet theories.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Nor as many as Reagan, either.

How very left-wing of you to put facts in the way of people's pet theories.
Bloody gonks
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:13 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I heard a theory why he golfs so much, and spends three times longer on the course than a person needs to to finish a round. It's so he can smoke in peace, and not worry about being caught on camera.

I'll tell you this, n'all, his wife is angry. Very angry, apparently.
http://waznmentobe.com/wordpress/wp-...012/01/mo.jpeg

+1 for the Mars Attacks! beehive, though.
My personal guess is that he can't get a round in without having to take a phone call or three.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

I heard a theory why he golfs so much, and spends three times longer on the course than a person needs to to finish a round. It's so he can smoke in peace, and not worry about being caught on camera.

I'll tell you this, n'all, his wife is angry. Very angry, apparently.
http://waznmentobe.com/wordpress/wp-...012/01/mo.jpeg

+1 for the Mars Attacks! beehive, though.
Is this what you call a debate?
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:22 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
Is this what you call a debate?
I think it is actually, going on past form.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:24 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I think it is actually, going on past form.
It's quite safe when he's on the other side -- you have nothing to be embarrassed about. It's when he joins your side (usually libertarian issues) that you start to worry.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Bloody gonks
They do look pretty dangerous. I can understand why he's worried.
Attached Thumbnails Obama/Democrat thread-gonks.jpg  
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:40 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I think I was just insulted. I was trying to ignite a little kindling in this slow burning thread by means of a little hearted banter. I'm very sorry that you have to hurl around such invective, Michael. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

The media was bitching two weeks that this has been the least active Congress in terms of getting things passed legislatively, in a long time. Why is this a bad thing? Laws, laws, more laws. How about taking a legislative holiday every fourth year?
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit
It's quite safe when he's on the other side -- you have nothing to be embarrassed about. It's when he joins your side (usually libertarian issues) that you start to worry.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:45 pm
Peace onion

Bounders, cads, scoundrels to a man. I shall take my leave of you all. Good day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.