Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

O/T Jessica and Holly

O/T Jessica and Holly

Old Aug 20th 2002, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default O/T Jessica and Holly

For anyone that has been following the case, the Police have just charged Ian Huntley (the caretaker) for the murder of the two little girls, Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman.
He is being held under the mental health act.
As yet they have not charged his girlfriend

Kind of puts things into perspective.

Very Sad
Old Aug 20th 2002, 7:52 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: O/T Jessica and Holly

Originally posted by rogerpenycate:
For anyone that has been following the case, the Police have just charged Ian Huntley (the caretaker) for the murder of the two little girls, Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman.
He is being held under the mental health act.
As yet they have not charged his girlfriend

Kind of puts things into perspective.

Very Sad
Hi Roger,

The deaths of Holly and Jessica are now known world wide as the Soham Tragedy. I went to Ireland on Business on Monday and got in 4 taxis and every single taxi driver wanted to talk about it. The problem is what lessons will be learnt from this tragedy - Britain has some of the tightest laws concerning vetting of people who work with kids. Parents can tell their children not to talk to strangers but what can you do against teaching assistants and caretakers.

Soham for those who don't know is in the middle of the fens, it was a safe village where everyone knew everyone and children could play out unsupervised, I haven't locked my car in three years and only lock the house if I know I will be out for more than an hour. Not any more!

For anyone interested in leaving condolenses for the families of Holly and Jessica and for the people of Soham can do so at the following sites

http://www.sohamtragedy.org.uk

http://www.soham.org.uk/messageboard.html

God Bless these little Angels in their eternal sleep

Patrick (a Soham resident)
Old Aug 21st 2002, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick:

Hi Roger,

The deaths of Holly and Jessica are now known world wide as the Soham Tragedy. I went to Ireland on Business on Monday and got in 4 taxis and every single taxi driver wanted to talk about it. The problem is what lessons will be learnt from this tragedy - Britain has some of the tightest laws concerning vetting of people who work with kids. Parents can tell their children not to talk to strangers but what can you do against teaching assistants and caretakers.

Soham for those who don't know is in the middle of the fens, it was a safe village where everyone knew everyone and children could play out unsupervised, I haven't locked my car in three years and only lock the house if I know I will be out for more than an hour. Not any more!

For anyone interested in leaving condolenses for the families of Holly and Jessica and for the people of Soham can do so at the following sites

http://www.sohamtragedy.org.uk

http://www.soham.org.uk/messageboard.html

God Bless these little Angels in their eternal sleep

Patrick (a Soham resident)
I am from just down the road in Cambridge. The last two weeks have been very tough for the people of this area.

My thoughts are with the familys.
Old Aug 21st 2002, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Hi Patrick,
I knew you were "in the Fens" but didn't know that you were
actually in Soham.
The last 2 weeks must have been very hard for everyone,
particularly with the media crawling all over the place.

My thoughts are with the families and friends.

It's so very sad

Roger
Old Aug 21st 2002, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough

Hi All

Being from Ely myself, I have felt a closeness to this tragedy and have been following it in the UK Papers.

For those who are interested, there is Breaking News in The Sun, yes I know it's probably not the world's most reliable news source, but any way, it is saying that Maxine Carr has been remanded for 8 days for attempting to pervert the course of justice, and that Ian Huntley has been remanded to Rampton, under the mentaql health act. The Cambridge Evening News is reporting the same thing.

Patrick, I know I've said this before, but all our prayer's and thoughts are still with the families and Soham residents

Simon
Old Aug 21st 2002, 1:26 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by simon bland:
Hi All

Being from Ely myself, I have felt a closeness to this tragedy and have been following it in the UK Papers.

For those who are interested, there is Breaking News in The Sun, yes I know it's probably not the world's most reliable news source, but any way, it is saying that Maxine Carr has been remanded for 8 days for attempting to pervert the course of justice, and that Ian Huntley has been remanded to Rampton, under the mentaql health act. The Cambridge Evening News is reporting the same thing.

Patrick, I know I've said this before, but all our prayer's and thoughts are still with the families and Soham residents

Simon
Just to let you know that I've been keeping abreast of this tragic story via the BBC News broadcast on public television. In my area, the Triangle, NC, it's broadcast at 11pm.

I also listen to the BBC World Service broadcast. For my area, the broadcast is on for an hr from 9am.
Old Aug 21st 2002, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Let's also keep in our thoughts the two little girls of a similar age who appear to have been abducted (one in Virginia and the other in California )

I hope they are found safe and well.