Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

O/T drivers license in Louisiana...the final chapter

O/T drivers license in Louisiana...the final chapter

Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: O/T drivers license in Louisiana...the final chapter

Originally posted by inquisitive40
Hum, think we are gonna go shop for insurance before I go onto my SO's policy, I have no idea why her premium is so high (nearly $950 a year) as she has no accidents and has the good driver bonus on her policy. Could it be the car? Pontiac Gran Prix, faster cars back in Ireland are loaded due to their performance?
The coverage on the policy is pretty good, includes towing etc but we pay $125 for 8 months of the year. I got the quote originally through an online web site when we moved here first.
Maybe it is just California prices
Patrick
Don't feel bad. I pay $1,422 a year on a 2004 Honda Accord, and that's with my little discounts here and there.

Rene
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:47 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally posted by Noorah101
Don't feel bad. I pay $1,422 a year on a 2004 Honda Accord, and that's with my little discounts here and there.

Rene

DANG... why so much??
In Ireland I had what we call "fully comprehensive" insurance, basically covers you for EVERYTHING, no cap on claims and cost be $350 a year, the policies there are much better than anything you can buy here.
Patrick
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

DANG... why so much??
In Ireland I had what we call "fully comprehensive" insurance, basically covers you for EVERYTHING, no cap on claims and cost be $350 a year, the policies there are much better than anything you can buy here.
Patrick
Last year I was driving my dad's old 1991 Buick LeSabre with no fancy features, and paid minimal insurance premiums. This year when I bought the new car, it zoomed up. Some of it is an added fee that Honda requires. Naturally! Oh well...I absolutely love the car! It's well worth it.

Rene
Old Jul 30th 2004, 10:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Who are you insured with ? We are with 21st Century and I did a check and it will nearly double our insruance when I go onto my SO's policy.
Patrick
Ouch! That does not sound right. Were you inquiring as the spouse or SO? My auto premium did not go up a dime when adding my UK spouse (may have even gone down). Not happy with the homeowner's policy now, so shopping again (ack).
my buddy clarkhoward.com has some good insurance tips, too
Old Jul 30th 2004, 10:41 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally posted by meauxna
Ouch! That does not sound right. Were you inquiring as the spouse or SO? My auto premium did not go up a dime when adding my UK spouse (may have even gone down). Not happy with the homeowner's policy now, so shopping again (ack).
my buddy clarkhoward.com has some good insurance tips, too
Well online it just asks how many drivers there are, does not mention anything about being a spouse or not.
Patrick
Old Jul 31st 2004, 4:46 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you both!

Mr. Pink studied the Rules of the Road for several weeks before he went to take his test. We had all our documentation ready to hand over, but the minute he started speaking, the lady behind the counter looked at me google-eyed and crooned, "don't you just *love* his accent?"

I had brought a book to read for when he took the driving part of the exam, and I swear he was gone literally 5 minutes. He came walking in, smiling, but I thought for certain he must have crashed the car in those five minutes---why didn't it take longer?

I suppose it was because he was a licensed driver for a long time in the UK and had driven with me quite a bit before taking the test. Or maybe it was just his accent.

Congratulations again---another hurdle jumped!

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:52 am
Aveeno

how can he drive with his hand rendered useless?
"SecretGarden" <member4024@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Congratulations to you both!
    > Mr. Pink studied the Rules of the Road for
    > several weeks before he went to take his test. We had all our
    > documentation ready to hand over, but the minute he started speaking,
    > the lady behind the counter looked at me google-eyed and crooned, "don't
    > you just *love* his accent?" :)
    > I had brought a book to read for when
    > he took the driving part of the exam, and I swear he was gone literally
    > 5 minutes. He came walking in, smiling, but I thought for certain he
    > must have crashed the car in those five minutes---why didn't it take
    > longer?
    > I suppose it was because he was a licensed driver for a long
    > time in the UK and had driven with me quite a bit before taking the
    > test. Or maybe it was just his accent. ;)
    > Congratulations again---
    > another hurdle jumped!
    > ~SecretGarden
    > ~and Mr. Pink
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com