Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

O/T Andrew and the Dead Horse

O/T Andrew and the Dead Horse

Old Mar 16th 2002, 6:05 pm
Andrew Defaria

Default Re: O/T Andrew and the Dead Horse

Betastar wrote:

>>> Okay, I've heard this many times and have neglected to say anything about it, but
    >>> here goes. She does not have an eating disorder, she is suffering from
    >>> Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. She said so herself. Because of her anxiety and
    >>> depression, her brain is telling her stomach that it's full when she really is
    >>> hungry. She may also be so pre-occupied with everything else going on that she
    >>> just forgets to eat.
    >>
    >> When a person starves themselves to the point of being hospitalized call it what
    >> you want. But in my mind it's an eating disorder.
    >
    > This is the problem people have with you, Andrew - or at least one of them. What
    > you say is true.

Oh, yeah, aha. I see how that could be a problem. What I say is true! Well we can't
be having any of that!

> So she must have an eating disorder, rather than an axiety disorder, or depression,
    > or post-traumatic-stress-syndrome, which the professionals she's seeing have
    > diagnosed with her.

In the 1980's Hewlett Packard put out their new Reduced Instruction Set Computer
(RISC) architecture computers. One instruction that was removed was the halt
instruction. Instead of halting, when a system failure occurs the machine starts
running a microcode routine called "enter_tight_loop" which gives the appearance of
the machine being stopped. Now if an HP RISC computer encounters a critical problem
and the customer calls in and says "My new computer stopped working" saying "Ah well
techinically you computer is still running! It's currently executing
'enter_tight_loop'!" isn't much help. As far as the customer is concerned it stopped.

Similarly when somebody starves themselves almost to death, as far as I am concerned
that's an easting problem. Now rather this problem was brought on by anxiety
disorder, depression, post-traumatic-stress-syndrone or just plain stupidity is
pretty much totally irrelevent to me. Let the experts handle that.

> Now you'll continue to post one of three posts to this thread trying to convince
    > everyone that you're right.

No I'm just defending myself from attacks such as yours.

> What your mind say and what is the truth are sometimes different things.

Ah huh, yeah, right, I see. Look in the mirror sometimes too!

Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<html> <head> </head> <body> Betastar wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email protected]"> <blockquote type="cite">
<blockquote type="cite">Okay, I've heard this many times and have neglected to say
anything about it, but here goes. She does not have an eating disorder, she is
suffering from Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. She said so herself. Because of her
anxiety and depression, her brain is telling her stomach that it's full when she
really is hungry. She may also be so pre-occupied with everything else going on that
she just forgets to eat.<br> </blockquote> When a person starves themselves to the
point of being hospitalized call it what you want. But in my mind it's an eating
disorder.<br> </blockquote> <!TEST->This is the problem people have with you, Andrew
- or at least one of them. What you say is true. </blockquote> Oh, yeah, aha. I see
how that could be a problem. What I say is true! Well we can't be having any of
that!<br> <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email protected]"> So she must have an eating
disorder, rather than an axiety disorder, or depression, or
post-traumatic-stress-syndrome, which the professionals she's seeing have diagnosed
with her.</blockquote> In the 1980's Hewlett Packard put out their new Reduced
Instruction Set Computer (RISC) architecture computers. One instruction that was
removed was the halt instruction. Instead of halting, when a system failure occurs
the machine starts running a microcode routine called "enter_tight_loop" which gives
the appearance of the machine being stopped. Now if an HP RISC computer encounters a
critical problem and the customer calls in and says "My new computer stopped working"
saying "Ah well techinically you computer is still running! It's currently executing
'enter_tight_loop'!" isn't much help. As far as the customer is concerned it stopped.
<br> <br> Similarly when somebody starves themselves almost to death, as far as I am
concerned that's an easting problem. Now rather this problem was brought on by
anxiety disorder, depression, post-traumatic-stress-syndrone or just plain stupidity
is pretty much totally irrelevent to me. Let the experts handle that.<br> <blockquote
type="cite" cite="mid:[email protected]"> Now you'll continue
to post one of three posts to this thread trying to convince everyone that you're
right.</blockquote> No I'm just defending myself from attacks such as yours.<br>
<blockquote type="cite" cite="mid:[email protected]"> What
your mind say and what is the truth are sometimes different things.</blockquote> Ah
huh, yeah, right, I see. Look in the mirror sometimes too!<br> <blockquote
type="cite" cite="mid:[email protected]"></blockquote> <br>
</body> </html