Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

NYC - Tried to get EAD b4 90 Days

NYC - Tried to get EAD b4 90 Days

Old Jul 5th 2002, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Prince is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NYC - Tried to get EAD b4 90 Days

Hi Guys, reporting back on trying to get EAD before 90 days in NYC. I went to Federal Plaza to the 9th floor. They told me to wait for my letter or come back after 90 days.

Not surprised with the outcome but at least I tried. The people there were helpful and I'll sit it out for another 50 days or so.

Cheers, Jason
Old Jul 5th 2002, 11:20 pm
Ed Chernenkoff

Default Re: NYC - Tried to get EAD b4 90 Days

Jeez !!!

Things must have really changed since October/98.. Went to the Kansas City INS Office
without an appointment 2 days after arriving in the US and got my EAD on the spot..
Or maybe its the KC Office..

Luck to all

Ed

"Prince" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Guys, reporting back on trying to get EAD before 90 days in NYC. I went to
    > Federal Plaza to the 9th floor. They told me to wait for my letter or come back
    > after 90 days.
    >
    > Not surprised with the outcome but at least I tried. The people there were helpful
    > and I'll sit it out for another 50 days or so.
    >
    > Cheers, Jason
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 6th 2002, 1:20 am
Donna Maindraul

Default Re: NYC - Tried to get EAD b4 90 Days

> > Hi Guys, reporting back on trying to get EAD before 90 days in NYC. I went to
    > > Federal Plaza to the 9th floor. They told me to wait for my letter or come back
    > > after 90 days.

> Things must have really changed since October/98.. Went to the Kansas City INS
    > Office without an appointment 2 days after arriving in the US and got my EAD on the
    > spot.. Or maybe its the KC Office..
    >

It's typical for NYC. I vaguely recall that the only person who reported succeeding
at getting the EAD before their appointment or 90 days was a very pregnant USC and
her husband was just a bit short of the 90 days anyway. They might actually use some
common sense in such cases. I don't think anyone else reported success in the past
couple of years.

-Donna