Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

NYC English Restaurants

NYC English Restaurants

Old Feb 1st 2006, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

dinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to behold
Default NYC English Restaurants

Am having a night out in NYC to see Spamalot, and for some reason have the urge to sample some food from back home prior to the show. Does anyone have any recommendations ?
Old Feb 1st 2006, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NYC English Restaurants

Try this link for some info;

http://journalism.nyu.edu/pubzone/li...ndon_callingm/

I haven't tried any of these, myself, on my safaris into Manhattan, bu, they seem to know what they're on about.

Jim.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 6:38 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

I remember reading about The Spotted Pig (Greenwich Village) which is more gastropub I think (I also remember the writer said get there early! )

I have eaten at A Salt and Battery (chippy) which is next to Tea & Sympathy. Highly recommend the chip butty followed by a pineapple fritter. yum.

Very jealous!
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:49 pm
Another gloomy day!

hayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by looselips
I remember reading about The Spotted Pig (Greenwich Village) which is more gastropub I think (I also remember the writer said get there early! )

I have eaten at A Salt and Battery (chippy) which is next to Tea & Sympathy. Highly recommend the chip butty followed by a pineapple fritter. yum.

Very jealous!
Tea & Sympathy is nice, tiny though! You have to wait ages for a table and it's cramped, but the food is good so it's worth it! They also do a 'proper' Sunday roast! Might go to A Salt and Battery soon, been craving chips and curry sauce!

There's also a restaurant called UKNY. Heard good things about that one, but havn't been yet.

Went to a pub called Fiddlesticks last week for Bangers and Mash, really nice! Just a few blocks away there's a shop called Myers of Keswick that sells bacon and sausages (and everything else you might crave!)