Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

NY to NJ Car Move

NY to NJ Car Move

Old Dec 27th 2020, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

LouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond repute
Default NY to NJ Car Move

Hi, so we moved recently to NJ from NY and I’m aware I need to do my license and registration transfer soon. I booked appointment at Oakland MVC, for out of state transfers.

I’m hoping I can do both license and car registration on the same single visit.

I had some questions, I looked at the B-49 registration form and it asks for plate no and for NJ driving license numbers but obviously I don’t have those yet. If I leave those blank will they get allocated at the MVC straight away, so they can then be filled in?

I have set my insurance to switch NY to NJ on the day of the appointment.

The I.D. requirements look pretty tough so I’m taking quite a lot of docs for that.

anything else I should know? I don’t want to mess up the visit and I don’t want to have to go more than once if possible, COVID risks etc and all the time and hassle. Sorry, probably this is asked a lot. I tried to call them and after 1/2 day on hold, I gave up.

Last edited by LouisB; Dec 27th 2020 at 1:22 am.