Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

NY driving license

NY driving license

Old May 20th 2019, 3:04 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NY driving license

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The further north and west you go from NYC, the easier it is likely to be to get a test date. I was told by a snooty women sitting at a desk outside the room where I had dozed through five hours of mandatory classroom training, that the "earliest possible date" was 10-12 weeks later. That appeared to be true for local tests, in White Plains, near where I was living, but my wife looked at test centers further and further away until she found a date the following week, in Herkimer. So that is where I did my test. …. My wife drove me to the test site, and I did the test in the SUV we had rented.
I had to do similar in the UK, no test dates in London so I took a train up to Stoke on Trent and did my test up there. Some guy had based his whole business around being located in between 3 Test centers and being able to get a test date with a day or 2’s notice.