Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

nvq level 3,recognised in the states??

nvq level 3,recognised in the states??

Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:00 am
Just Joined

coyoteman is just really nicecoyoteman is just really nicecoyoteman is just really nicecoyoteman is just really nicecoyoteman is just really nicecoyoteman is just really nicecoyoteman is just really nicecoyoteman is just really nice
Default nvq level 3,recognised in the states??

Hello to you all
we are just trying to find out if an NVQ level 3, is acknowledge in the uas for teacking ass/playworker..
i have even tried the city & guilds,and they couldnt give me an answer
Many thanks in advance for any help
kind regards....Sharon
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nvq level 3,recognised in the states??

No, an NVQ won't mean anything to most Americans.

But do you already have a visa/green card/citizenship? That's the crucial bit, and the bit that proves impossible for 95% of people!

Welcome to the forum btw.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:59 am
Just Joined

coyoteman is just really nicecoyoteman is just really nicecoyoteman is just really nicecoyoteman is just really nicecoyoteman is just really nicecoyoteman is just really nicecoyoteman is just really nicecoyoteman is just really nice

Thanks for that...we were just doing a little fact finding mission
we have an awful long way to go..still need to do some more research.
We havent got that far yet,if we do even get to that piont...just trying to way up all pros and cons...
thanks again for your help
regards Sharon
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coyoteman
Thanks for that...we were just doing a little fact finding mission
we have an awful long way to go..still need to do some more research.
We havent got that far yet,if we do even get to that piont...just trying to way up all pros and cons...
thanks again for your help
regards Sharon
I wouldn't worry about pros and cons yet, as the US is notorious as the hardest country to emigrate to so you need to see if you are eligible as a first step. Most people on here have got there from either marrying a US citizen, or being headhunted.

Unfortunately, being a teaching assistant will not get you there, what does your husband do? It may be that he's your best shot at getting a visa.

Have a read of this to understand the various visas available and see if you think you'd qualify for any. You can then come back and ask questions about the visa route you think you'd be going down.........http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski's_Ways:_How_to_Live_and_Work_in_the_USA

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 20th 2011 at 11:08 am.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Location: from Yorkshire, via Hampshire and Surrey to NC Triangle
mommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to all

Ok, I work here as a TA, they pretty much take your word for it in my school district, however, I was going to go back to school until I found out what the international student fees were for our local university, and had to get them converted to their American equivalent, long story short, as I'd done the 2 & 3, they deemed it, along with my other exams, equivalent to an associates degree.
I think all you need to have graduated high school, our district has one flat rate of pay, which only increases with service years.
HTH
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately you know that old joke about NVQ's? Never more apt over here when people get issues with university degree's...and A-levels mean nothing over here either.

Wiki link above is the best spot, can say yes to one of those, then look into everything else, other wise it is all unfortunately a complete waste of time.