British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   NVC does it backwards (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/nvc-does-backwards-461292/)

unicorndreams Jun 26th 2007 3:18 am

NVC does it backwards

Hi,

Just wanted to vent a little on how much of a pain it is.
We know INS is a law unto itself. But NVC is another.
Its maddening that they take the fee and then make you wait until they tell you to read and download the forms ,which was about 3 weeks after.
So they have a processing fee and nothing to process.
Very strange. So 4 steps, AOS fee,then AOS forms,Visa fee and Visa forms.
If we could send two together we could maybe have the things reviewed by now and on the way to London Embassy.
Least with INS we can send forms and fee's in one.Much better.
Well just have to get through it as with everything else.
Getting closer to the end of the tunnel now.

Thats me done,
Have a great day.

Noorah101 Jun 26th 2007 4:39 am

Re: NVC does it backwards

Originally Posted by unicorndreams (Post 4969157)
Very strange. So 4 steps, AOS fee,then AOS forms,Visa fee and Visa forms.
If we could send two together we could maybe have the things reviewed by now and on the way to London Embassy.

I probably should remember what process you're going through...but forgive me I don't remember. I can't figure out why you'd be filing AOS forms and fees....and at the same time Visa forms and fees. Isn't it one or the other? It's either AOS in the USA, or it's an Immigrant Visa from London. Can you explain?

Thanks,
Rene

unicorndreams Jun 26th 2007 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 4969399)
I probably should remember what process you're going through...but forgive me I don't remember. I can't figure out why you'd be filing AOS forms and fees....and at the same time Visa forms and fees. Isn't it one or the other? It's either AOS in the USA, or it's an Immigrant Visa from London. Can you explain?

Thanks,
Rene

Hi Rene,

AOS at the visa centre relates to Affidavit of Support,(thats how they word it ) not Adjustment of Status (INS).Sorry it was abit misleading.
Its for Mum to move here.She wont need to do Adjustment as she will get the Green card once in the country.
So that is a plus in the long run .
Take care,
Traci

Noorah101 Jun 26th 2007 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by unicorndreams (Post 4971878)
Hi Rene,

AOS at the visa centre relates to Affidavit of Support,(thats how they word it ) not Adjustment of Status (INS).Sorry it was abit misleading.
Its for Mum to move here.She wont need to do Adjustment as she will get the Green card once in the country.
So that is a plus in the long run .
Take care,
Traci

Thanks for the clarification. I'm so used to AOS meaning Adjustment of Status, I didn't think of it for the Affidavit of Support. :)

Best Wishes for a speedy process!
Rene

unicorndreams Jun 26th 2007 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 4971891)
Thanks for the clarification. I'm so used to AOS meaning Adjustment of Status, I didn't think of it for the Affidavit of Support. :)

Best Wishes for a speedy process!
Rene

Thanks Rene.