Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Nutjob Huckabee

Nutjob Huckabee

Old Feb 16th 2008, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

bugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond reputebugman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nutjob Huckabee

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
I'm not sure he knows what it means either, and he probably doesn't care. It's all grandstanding and gesture politics - he can talk as much he likes about banning abortion, teaching heterosexuality in schools, or censoring Hollywood, because there's not the slightest chance that it will ever happen. He knows that the constitutional, legal and political barriers to those policies ever being pushed through are insurmountable, and that if he were ever elected, there would be other things to do. All he's doing is waving a big flag to the Christian fundamentalist right and saying, "helloooooooo, I'm one of you!!!!!!!!!!!"

yup, you are probably right, and as for not knowing what biblical law is neither would his voters who agree with him. Thank goodness for the constitution!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to all

don't be a fool huckabee doesnt in the slightest way support the fair tax he pulled that out of his cornhole when he was slipping in the polls . dont get me wrong i love the idea of a Fairtax althrough i think it should be modifyed .... just think that if we want to get rid of useless taxes getting rid of the most regressive tax in the US the Property tax should also be in the bill . but any how it looks like he is out of the race for the most part so looks like Mcain and Obama . probby go with Mcain but i could live with barrack also
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:11 pm
Cpl Tony

cpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to all

don't be a fool huckabee doesnt in the slightest way support the fair tax he pulled that out of his cornhole when he was slipping in the polls
<LOL>
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michaelmike5556
don't be a fool huckabee doesnt in the slightest way support the fair tax he pulled that out of his cornhole when he was slipping in the polls . dont get me wrong i love the idea of a Fairtax althrough i think it should be modifyed .... just think that if we want to get rid of useless taxes getting rid of the most regressive tax in the US the Property tax should also be in the bill . but any how it looks like he is out of the race for the most part so looks like Mcain and Obama . probby go with Mcain but i could live with barrack also
I'm with you - not appalled by either of them.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:57 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
I'm with you - not appalled by either of them.
Neither am I, although I really don't like obamas plans for nasty taxes or assualt weapons ban...
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Neither am I, although I really don't like obamas plans for nasty taxes or assualt weapons ban...
Not fond of the taxes bit, that's for sure.

I don't personally want an assault weapon, so I suppose I won't have a complete fit - although I would be against the ban on principle I think.

Better than "Billary" anyway.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:02 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I don't personally want an assault weapon, so I suppose I won't have a complete fit.
but do you think other people should have them?
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:13 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
Of course, everyone needs one.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:13 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
The defining question on controlling weapons is this:

* should your neighbour be allowed to arm himself with a nuclear bomb? Nerve gas? Anthrax toxins?

If not, then you support a limit on the right to keep arms.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't know - I'm not that entirely horrified by the idea.

They can kill me with a 22 if they have a mind to. If you restrict one thing... then what is next?
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:00 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know - I'm not that entirely horrified by the idea.

They can kill me with a 22 if they have a mind to. If you restrict one thing... then what is next?
this is what I don't get about the pro-gun argument: the attitude is often that since no single measure or combination of measures can ever eliminate gun crime 100% we shouldn't bother to do anything. It's like saying that since wearing a seat belt won't save your life in every conceivable type of car accident, you shouldn't bother to wear one at all.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

this is what I don't get about the pro-gun argument: the attitude is often that since no single measure or combination of measures can ever eliminate gun crime 100% we shouldn't bother to do anything. It's like saying that since wearing a seat belt won't save your life in every conceivable type of car accident, you shouldn't bother to wear one at all.
I haven't heard of a lot of crimes committed by assault weapons - seems it's generally normal 'ol guns anyone could have. Unless you can get rid of all guns (which would be impossible here imo), I don't think you can get rid of gun crime.

You can cause practically as much rouble with a can of deodarant and a box of matches as you could an assault weapon (as far as destruction goes). Or weedkiller and sugar. Or.....

If people want to cause destruction, they will find a way. It's the person's motivation that matters, not the object they use to do it imo.

And while I'm not a big gun enthusiast, I do think it's a right we have here.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:45 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard of a lot of crimes committed by assault weapons - seems it's generally normal 'ol guns anyone could have. Unless you can get rid of all guns (which would be impossible here imo), I don't think you can get rid of gun crime.

You can cause practically as much rouble with a can of deodarant and a box of matches as you could an assault weapon (as far as destruction goes). Or weedkiller and sugar. Or.....

If people want to cause destruction, they will find a way. It's the person's motivation that matters, not the object they use to do it imo.

And while I'm not a big gun enthusiast, I do think it's a right we have here.

But there are already controls on arms. Despite the fact you could happily "bear" a stinger missile, government wouldn't be happy if you kept one under the bed. The questions is already how far you should control them, not whether they should be controlled or not.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:46 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

You can cause practically as much rouble with a can of deodarant and a box of matches as you could an assault weapon (as far as destruction goes). If people want to cause destruction, they will find a way. It's the person's motivation that matters, not the object they use to do it imo.
No, sorry, that's just not true - no-one would ever do a driveby or has a Virginia Tech incident (OK, they're actually very rare) with a can of deodorant. There's a large section of violent crime that's opportunist or lazy, and easy access to guns facilitates that.

WHether that's something that outweighs the benefits of legally owning weapons is a different discussion.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:55 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Not fond of the taxes bit, that's for sure.

I don't personally want an assault weapon, so I suppose I won't have a complete fit - although I would be against the ban on principle I think.

Better than "Billary" anyway.
the assault weapon ban applies to the capacity of pistol magazines and rifle magazines. its very expensive to buy a fully automatic weapon anyway (literally 10's of thousands of dollars)

it takes 1 bullet to kill someone, what the point of banning a 15 round magazine and keeping a 10 round one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.