Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Nutjob Huckabee

Nutjob Huckabee

Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:22 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nutjob Huckabee

Originally Posted by Tracym
I've used TurboTax for years - and have had some fairly complicated stuff some years.
It walks you through with a pretty simple question and answer format, and looks for deductions you might not have thought of.
I highly recommend it.
Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
I'm not going back to a "tax shop" with tax preparers (i.e. not accountants) - I'd rather do it myself with TurboTax and know what was going on.
Been using it for years now.
Did mine the other night in 1hr flat, it remembers the prior year's info and blazes through all the deductions.
The whole thing cost about $100 and the returns should be in the account in 2 weeks max.
Easy-peasy.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Also Obamas' " I was against the war so pick me" is balls, all Dems are now against the war so it dont mean dick.
It certainly was 'convenient' for Obama that he wasn't in the Senate at the time of the Iraq War authorization vote, but he did actualy speak out against the war back then at a time when the likes of Clinton didn't and when it seemed almost unpatriotic to take an anti-war stance as a politician. I'll give him some points for that.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:32 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
It certainly was 'convenient' for Obama that he wasn't in the Senate at the time of the Iraq War authorization vote, but he did actualy speak out against the war back then at a time when the likes of Clinton didn't and when it seemed almost unpatriotic to take an anti-war stance as a politician. I'll give him some points for that.
Easier to speak up as an "outsider" than face the considerable pressure of the Congress, President and the mood of the country then. FWIW I was very vocally against the war before it started, but of course that counted for nothing.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody see my men on the TV last night?

Texas is in the bag, or perhaps the slot would be a better term.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Easier to speak up as an "outsider" than face the considerable pressure of the Congress, President and the mood of the country then.
Agreed, that's why I said it was 'convenient' for Obama not to have been in the Senate back then. Otoh, he had already announced that he would likely run for the Senate, and given the mood of the country and the 'unpatriotic' label that was being pinned to politicians who opposed the Iraq war, I do think he deserves some degree of credit for speaking out.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:03 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Agreed, that's why I said it was 'convenient' for Obama not to have been in the Senate back then. Otoh, he had already announced that he would likely run for the Senate, and given the mood of the country and the 'unpatriotic' label that was being pinned to politicians who opposed the Iraq war, I do think he deserves some degree of credit for speaking out.
Had to laugh at Romney yesterday talking about how the US was the worlds nice guy because they have never taken any land after they have won wars. He used Korea where the UN and China finnished at the virtual same point (No land won there) Germany which we all occupied for 40 years and Iraq lmfao WON?????? yeah right.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:31 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Had to laugh at Romney yesterday talking about how the US was the worlds nice guy because they have never taken any land after they have won wars.
did he really say that? what an arse.
Leaving aside the conquest of Native American lands, he's obviously ignorant of the fact that the only reason the US owns Puerto Rico and Guam is because they seized them from Spain in the war of 1898. And in that same war the USA seized the Phillippines from Spain and governed them as a US colony for almost 50 years.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:50 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

What a load of bollox the $600 stimulous rebate cheques will be sent out in May. I need some stimulation now!!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:33 am
Cpl Tony

cpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to all

The US is winning the war against Al Qaeda in Iraq.

As for the stimulus checks....throwing mine right into savings.
Don't need it, but hey its always been my money
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:53 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cpltony
The US is winning the war against Al Qaeda in Iraq.
would have been a lot cheaper just to not invade in the first place since al qaeda weren't a threat under Saddam's regime'

That trillion dollars could have given a lot more flexibility with economic policy
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:02 pm
Cpl Tony

cpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to allcpltony is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
would have been a lot cheaper just to not invade in the first place since al qaeda weren't a threat under Saddam's regime'

That trillion dollars could have given a lot more flexibility with economic policy
Agreed. But the US invaded under the impression there were WMD's.
As far as many of Saddam's top military guys knew, there was.
This is what the US intelligence worked from.

A mistake looking at it now. But at the time......he was a threat
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:26 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

........As for the stimulus checks....throwing mine right into savings.
Don't need it, but hey its always been my money
Have you considered diplomacy as a trade?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:28 pm
Cpl Tony

Originally Posted by Elvira
Have you considered diplomacy as a trade?
Not really no.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 5:43 pm
Not dead yet

Agreed. But the US invaded under the impression there were WMD's.
As far as many of Saddam's top military guys knew, there was.
This is what the US intelligence worked from.

A mistake looking at it now. But at the time......he was a threat
Was he shite bush baby was finnishing off daddy's work.As for winning don't make me laugh I suppose they won Vietnam to?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 5:51 pm
Cpl Tony

Originally Posted by Thydney
Was he shite bush baby was finnishing off daddy's work.As for winning don't make me laugh I suppose they won Vietnam to?
...and thus begins the Bush hate syndrome. Sorry, I'm not interested in getting into that.
I'm just going by what the troops are telling us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.