Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

NSC News from Steen's site

NSC News from Steen's site

Old Aug 17th 2002, 1:46 pm
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NSC News from Steen's site

Timeline: Send i129f on may27th.1st NOA jine 1st. 2nd NOA augst`15th.The telephone automated service still says THE FILE CANNOT BE FOUND THIS TIME.Yes, my fiancee did file it with the help of a innigration attorney, even he is shocked to see that we got approved so quickly(lol).

Seems like they are doing at least one K-1 this month.

-Don H
Old Aug 17th 2002, 4:10 pm
Greg Johnson

Default Re: NSC News from Steen's site

Hmm... if this is true then what the hell is Nebraska doing? No offense to the party
involved but some of us have been waiting a hell of a lot longer.

Has anyone else been approved from Nebraska?

-- Greg

donahso wrote:
    > Timeline: Send i129f on may27th.1st NOA jine 1st. 2nd NOA augst`15th.The telephone
    > automated service still says THE FILE CANNOT BE FOUND THIS TIME.Yes, my fiancee did
    > file it with the help of a innigration attorney, even he is shocked to see that we
    > got approved so quickly(lol).
    > Seems like they are doing at least one K-1 this month.
    > -Don H
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 17th 2002, 7:38 pm
Joe \

Nope, no approval yet, mailed mine May 29th, 1st NOA dated May 30th. I agree, there
are many ahead of me so why did this petition get approved before all those that have
been waiting since april and may.

"Greg Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hmm... if this is true then what the hell is Nebraska doing? No offense to the
    > party involved but some of us have been waiting a hell of a lot longer.
    > Has anyone else been approved from Nebraska?
    > -- Greg
    > donahso wrote:
    > > Timeline: Send i129f on may27th.1st NOA jine 1st. 2nd NOA augst`15th.The
    > > telephone automated service still says THE FILE CANNOT BE FOUND THIS TIME.Yes, my
    > > fiancee did file it with the help of a innigration attorney, even he is shocked
    > > to see that we got approved so quickly(lol).
    > >
    > > Seems like they are doing at least one K-1 this month.
    > >
    > > -Don H
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > >

Old Aug 17th 2002, 11:53 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

I couldnt believe this when I saw this & am having a hard time believing it. I just can't see them all of a sudden picking a petition with a June notice date & approving it while all of May has to be done & part of April still.
Old Aug 18th 2002, 2:00 am
Gary Mosley

Greg Johnson <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hmm... if this is true then what the hell is Nebraska doing? No offense to the
    > -- Greg
    > donahso wrote:
    > > telephone automated service still says THE FILE CANNOT BE FOUND THIS TIME.Yes, my
    > > fiancee did file it with the help of a innigration attorney, even he is shocked
    > >
    > >
    > > -Don H
    > >
    > > --
    > >

Congratulations on your approval. I hope that this means that mine is also in the
works. My 1st NOA was May 10th filed in Nebraska. Good Luck to You, Gary

Old Aug 18th 2002, 2:56 am
ruby

Smile Re: NSC News from Steen's site

Originally posted by donahso:
Timeline: Send i129f on may27th.1st NOA jine 1st. 2nd NOA augst`15th.The telephone automated service still says THE FILE CANNOT BE FOUND THIS TIME.Yes, my fiancee did file it with the help of a innigration attorney, even he is shocked to see that we got approved so quickly(lol).

Seems like they are doing at least one K-1 this month.

-Don H
Congratulations!! Happy for you getting the approval. Our first NOA is May 6th, wonder what is going on,....or should we all say "not" going on in NSC???

Old Aug 18th 2002, 4:41 am
Mike

Still unpatiently waiting. (May 23) At least now their automated phone response
system finally seems to be working for my case, it wasn't able to find it for a
couple of weeks.

-Mike

> -- Greg
    > donahso wrote:
    > >
    > >
    > > -Don H
    > >
    > > --
    > >

Old Aug 18th 2002, 12:48 pm
Wisconsin Rpcv

I felt the same way--no offense, but WTF??!! Our 1st NOA was dated
4/26, we're on day 115, and last week an NSC misinformation officer told me that they
were still working on the 4/22 petitions....

Greg Johnson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > -- Greg

Old Aug 18th 2002, 1:43 pm
Dan

> Greg Johnson <gregjohnsonr@e> wrote> Hmm... if this is true then what the hell is
    > Nebraska doing? No offense to the party involved but some of us have been waiting
    > a hell of a lot longer.
    > -- Greg

---

Greg:

Your frustration is understandable. Elsewhere in this thread, Peachster justifiably
questioned the accuracy and honesty of this timeline, but it may very possibly be
true. If so, it bodes well for others who, like yourself, are enduring extreme
delays through the Nebraska Service Center (NSC). It's common for a Center to pull
applications at random for training new employees, but without regard for the
application's place in line, so to speak. This is done to expose a trainee to a
variety of variables, including application type, size, and other considerations.
Subsequently, if an application just *happens* to be pulled from line in this venue,
it gets processed ahead of the others, irrespective of how far back in line it was
located. Though this is patently unfair to those who have waited ahead in line for
what feels to be an eternity, if this IS the case, it means more review personnel are
going to be on line, and delays will be lessened. Should this be the first of the
8-10,000 employees slated for hire by the INS, don't expect overnight miracles.
Training requires many weeks. That aside, and given the delays experienced by
others, I can't offer any other plausible explanation for such a rapid timeline
through the NSC.

Old Aug 18th 2002, 4:00 pm
Greg Johnson

This would be a good explanation and would give us some hope. But I dont think (and
pray they dont) do training using live petitions. Can you imagine being denied or
reciving an RFE as a 'training exercise'? (Yes I'm sure they would have precautions
against doing such but....) On the other hand this is the Nebraska Service Center -
the 'we will tell you any story we want because we dont care...' Service Center.

And yes, it is quite possible that someone is 'yanking our chain'. That is part
if the reason I've asked if anyone else has been approved. The other reason is to
get some sort indication (outside of this one) if they are doing *any* approvals -
so far none.

On the other hand having additional people on staff would certainly help them - and
they can use all the help they can get. I think they are _WAY_ over their heads.

Warning - I am going to vent a little here...... this is not directed at anyone (well
maybe the NSC inself) so please dont take offense....

Hmmm...I dont _want_ miracles. And some delays are expected. But the stories and
excuses and regular BS being dished out by the Nebraska 'Information Officers' is
_not_ acceptable. It would make a lot of people feel better if Nebraska would 'come
clean' and tell people what is going on. If delays are due to training then say so.
If it is due to the entire SC staff getting rip-roaring drunk one night and making a
big mess then say so (and take your lumps . Just stop the Bull!

The INS expects us to be totally open honest and truthful in our applications and
petitions. That is Ok. I am a truthful and honest person anyway so no problems.
However I do expect the INS to be just as open, honest and truthful in return (while
respcting privacy and security of course).

Ok.. I've vented! It is safe to approach now...

--- Greg

Dan wrote:

> Greg:
    > Your frustration is understandable. Elsewhere in this thread, Peachster
    > justifiably questioned the accuracy and honesty of this timeline, but it may very
    > possibly be true. If so, it bodes well for others who, like yourself, are enduring
    > extreme delays through the Nebraska Service Center (NSC). It's common for a Center
    > to pull applications at random for training new employees, but without regard for
    > the application's place in line, so to speak. This is done to expose a trainee to
    > a variety of variables, including application type, size, and other considerations.
    > Subsequently, if an application just *happens* to be pulled from line in this
    > venue, it gets processed ahead of the others, irrespective of how far back in line
    > it was located. Though this is patently unfair to those who have waited ahead in
    > line for what feels to be an eternity, if this IS the case, it means more review
    > personnel are going to be on line, and delays will be lessened. Should this be the
    > first of the 8-10,000 employees slated for hire by the INS, don't expect overnight
    > miracles. Training requires many weeks. That aside, and given the delays
    > experienced by others, I can't offer any other plausible explanation for such a
    > rapid timeline through the NSC.

Old Aug 18th 2002, 5:22 pm
Joe \

Yes, they do live training on real petitions. That is why the other "senior" officer
is there too. But my question is if they are going to pull one, why not pull one out
of the huge stack from May or April?

> This would be a good explanation and would give us some hope. But I dont think
    > (and pray they dont) do training using live petitions. Can you imagine being
    > denied or reciving an RFE as a 'training exercise'? (Yes I'm sure they would have
    > precautions against doing such but....) On the other hand this is the Nebraska
    > Service Center - the 'we will tell you any story we want because we dont care...'
    > Service Center.
    > And yes, it is quite possible that someone is 'yanking our chain'. That is part
    > if the reason I've asked if anyone else has been approved. The other reason is to
    > get some sort indication (outside of this one) if they are doing *any* approvals -
    > so far none.
    > On the other hand having additional people on staff would certainly help them - and
    > they can use all the help they can get. I think they are _WAY_ over their heads.
    > Warning - I am going to vent a little here...... this is not directed at anyone
    > (well maybe the NSC inself) so please dont take offense....
    > Hmmm...I dont _want_ miracles. And some delays are expected. But the stories and
    > excuses and regular BS being dished out by the Nebraska 'Information Officers' is
    > _not_ acceptable. It would make a lot of people feel better if Nebraska would
    > 'come clean' and tell people what is going on. If delays are due to training then
    > say so. If it is due to the entire SC staff getting rip-roaring drunk one night
    > and making a big mess then say so (and take your lumps . Just stop the Bull!
    > The INS expects us to be totally open honest and truthful in our applications and
    > petitions. That is Ok. I am a truthful and honest person anyway so no problems.
    > However I do expect the INS to be just as open, honest and truthful in return
    > (while respcting privacy and security of course).
    > Ok.. I've vented! It is safe to approach now...
    > --- Greg
    > Dan wrote:
    > >
    > > Greg:
    > >
    > > Your frustration is understandable. Elsewhere in this thread, Peachster
    > > justifiably questioned the accuracy and honesty of this timeline, but it may very
    > > possibly be true. If so, it bodes well for others who, like yourself, are
    > > enduring extreme delays through the Nebraska Service Center (NSC). It's common
    > > for a Center to pull applications at random for training new employees, but
    > > without regard for the application's place in line, so to speak. This is done to
    > > expose a trainee to a variety of variables, including application type, size, and
    > > other considerations. Subsequently, if an application just *happens* to be
    > > pulled from line in this venue, it gets processed ahead of the others,
    > > irrespective of how far back in line it was located. Though this is patently
    > > unfair to those who have waited ahead in line for what feels to be an eternity,
    > > if this IS the case, it means more review personnel are going to be on line, and
    > > delays will be lessened. Should this be the first of the 8-10,000 employees
    > > slated for hire by the INS, don't expect overnight miracles. Training requires
    > > many weeks. That aside, and given the delays experienced by others, I can't
    > > offer any other plausible explanation for such a rapid timeline through the NSC.

Old Aug 18th 2002, 9:06 pm
Terry

ruby <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Originally posted by donahso:
    > >
    > >
    > -Don H [FONT=courier new] Congratulations!! Happy for you getting the
    > approval. Our first NOA is May 6th, wonder what is going on,....or should we
    > all say "not" going on in NSC???

Congraduation! My first NOA is June 3rd and still waiting from NSC.

Old Aug 18th 2002, 10:24 pm
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WHOA WHOA WHOA

I wish it was mine. My NOA1 is 5/28 and impatiently waiting for PEACHSTER to get her's first. My OP was taken from someone's post on the Steen discussion board and thought it would be of interest here. I know there are a number of us who are stuck in the NSC black hole. I can't veryify the veracity of the post because I don't personally know the poster on the Steen site.

-Don H
Old Aug 19th 2002, 4:12 am
Marilou920

I think it's also unfair that they approved someone on end of May without approving
the april and first week of May first. Excuses of trainees yanking anything they can
use to practice on is not an excuse.

>Subject: Re: NSC News from Steen's site From: "Joe \(JBH\)"
    >[email protected] Date: 8/18/02 12:22 PM Central Daylight Time
    >Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >Yes, they do live training on real petitions. That is why the other "senior"
    >officer is there too. But my question is if they are going to pull one, why not
    >pull one out of the huge stack from May or April?
    >"Greg Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> This would be a good explanation and would give us some hope. But I dont think
    >> (and pray they dont) do training using live petitions. Can you imagine being
    >> denied or reciving an RFE as a 'training exercise'? (Yes I'm sure they would have
    >> precautions against doing such but....) On the other hand this is the Nebraska
    >> Service Center - the 'we will tell you any story we want because we dont care...'
    >> Service Center.
    >> And yes, it is quite possible that someone is 'yanking our chain'. That is part
    >> if the reason I've asked if anyone else has been approved. The other reason is to
    >> get some sort indication (outside of this one) if they are doing *any* approvals -
    >> so far none.
    >> On the other hand having additional people on staff would certainly help them
    >> - and they can use all the help they can get. I think they are _WAY_ over
    >> their heads.
    >> Warning - I am going to vent a little here...... this is not directed at anyone
    >> (well maybe the NSC inself) so please dont take offense....
    >> Hmmm...I dont _want_ miracles. And some delays are expected. But the stories and
    >> excuses and regular BS being dished out by the Nebraska 'Information Officers' is
    >> _not_ acceptable. It would make a lot of people feel better if Nebraska would
    >> 'come clean' and tell people what is going on. If delays are due to training then
    >> say so. If it is due to the entire SC staff getting rip-roaring drunk one night
    >> and making a big mess then say so (and take your lumps . Just stop the Bull!
    >> The INS expects us to be totally open honest and truthful in our applications and
    >> petitions. That is Ok. I am a truthful and honest person anyway so no problems.
    >> However I do expect the INS to be just as open, honest and truthful in return
    >> (while respcting privacy and security of course).
    >> Ok.. I've vented! It is safe to approach now...
    >> --- Greg
    >> Dan wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Greg:
    >> >
    >> > Your frustration is understandable. Elsewhere in this thread, Peachster
    >> > justifiably questioned the accuracy and honesty of this timeline, but it may
    >> > very possibly be true. If so, it bodes well for others who, like yourself, are
    >> > enduring extreme delays through the Nebraska Service Center (NSC). It's common
    >> > for a Center to pull applications at random for training new employees, but
    >> > without regard for the application's place in line, so to speak. This is done
    >> > to expose a trainee to a variety of variables, including application type, size,
    >> > and other considerations. Subsequently, if an application just *happens* to be
    >> > pulled from line in this venue, it gets processed ahead of the others,
    >> > irrespective of how far back in line it was located. Though this is patently
    >> > unfair to those who have waited ahead in line for what feels to be an eternity,
    >> > if this IS the case, it means more review personnel are going to be on line, and
    >> > delays will be lessened. Should this be the first of the 8-10,000 employees
    >> > slated for hire by the INS, don't expect overnight miracles. Training requires
    >> > many weeks. That aside, and given the delays experienced by others, I can't
    >> > offer any other plausible explanation for such a rapid timeline through the NSC.