Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

NSC i-129f approval and return *OF* evidence!

Wikiposts

NSC i-129f approval and return *OF* evidence!

Old Mar 28th 2001, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

misskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant futuremisskate has a brilliant future

ok, forgive me if this is a little garbled but it's 4am over here and sleep is impossible...

aaron just called to say that he'd just picked up a strangely shaped package sent from the nsc. he opened it there and then - turned out to contain a tape that i'd made him (y'know, songs, poetry, dialogue etc - no comment thanks!) and we'd sent to nebraska as part of our proof of relationship.

there was a letter inside saying thank you very much but they had no need for this (i was a little surprised that he'd mailed it!), that our approval was being mailed in a separate envelope, and that he should receive it within 14 days if he hadn't already. howzat for 76c worth of consideration from the nsc!

the recorded message at nsc is still unaltered however, but this hasn't stopped me doing a fairly good impression of a ping pong ball around the room.

so assuming that approval is indeed official, our timeline is as follows:

i-129f mail receipt 12.01.01, rec'd 23.01.01, 1st n.o.a 30.01.01, approval mentioned in letter from nsc rec'd 28.03.01.

and tomorrow i fly out for a nine day visit - what perfect timing for some celebrating

incidentally, i believe that we also fell at the "none" v. "n/a" hurdle, with me using neither in some cases, putting a line through the boxes that weren't applicable instead, as is often seen in the uk (i know -duh).

thanks to everyone here for their advice, and best of luck to all those still waiting.

a very happy (but sleepy) kate (ukc) and a very happy aaron (usc)