Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Nsc File Freeze Tomorrw At Noon

Nsc File Freeze Tomorrw At Noon

Old Sep 26th 2002, 2:05 pm
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nsc File Freeze Tomorrw At Noon

Just talked to NSC. The lady told me that tomorrow at noon they will be freezing files and it will be a couple weeks for anything to happen.

Sounds like the Audits that are going on at some other service centers are now going to take place at NSC.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Those of us who have our petitions on someone's desk are foiled again. Damn!

-Don H
Old Sep 26th 2002, 3:36 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nsc File Freeze Tomorrw At Noon

Originally posted by donahso:
Just talked to NSC. The lady told me that tomorrow at noon they will be freezing files and it will be a couple weeks for anything to happen.

Sounds like the Audits that are going on at some other service centers are now going to take place at NSC.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Those of us who have our petitions on someone's desk are foiled again. Damn!

-Don H

Of course I did not like seeing this at all so I decided to call up Nebraska myself & see what they would tell me. After so many trys gettin thru I did. Talked to a guy & asked him about this. He said it will take place & I asked him will the petitions be put on hold till this is over with & he said to a certain extent. The officers still can work on petitions but here is the real kicker if anyone gets approved during this freeze you will not know if your approved until it is over with! This is complete BS! I am so pissed right now. As I am sure many others are. I have waited over 4 months just to get a damn petition approved & now I have to wait for 2 damn weeks just see if I am approved or they hit me with an RFE. They better not give me one now cause I will be steaming pissed.

What a crappy way to start the morning. GRRRRRRRRRRR
Old Sep 26th 2002, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

WAAAHHHHHH!

Am I having a nightmare? All I have to say is they better be approving a helluva lot of applications that will need to be updated in there system at the end of two weeks.

I have been checking this forum every day hoping to see an end to your waiting. You guys are so close! Hang in there. I've still got my fingers crossed for a miracle.
Old Sep 26th 2002, 3:53 pm
Petey's Playmate

Originally posted by hmiller:
WAAAHHHHHH!

Am I having a nightmare? All I have to say is they better be approving a helluva lot of applications that will need to be updated in there system at the end of two weeks.

I have been checking this forum every day hoping to see an end to your waiting. You guys are so close! Hang in there. I've still got my fingers crossed for a miracle.

Would be so nice to get an approval before this freeze but I aint counting on it.
Old Sep 26th 2002, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

saledevo is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh this is wonderful news, my first NOA is dated July 2nd so let's see.... it will be February before I get my approval!!! Tack on another 2 months for the DOS stuff and I'll get to see my fiance perhaps by next Spring!! Whoopee!!!!!
What a kick in the head!
sal
Old Sep 26th 2002, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

I'm right there with you saledevo. My first NOA is not far from yours (06/18).

I had this crazy idea that it couldn't POSSIBLY take a whole year to go through this process and have started planning a May wedding. I hope that we actually get through this process by then!
Old Sep 26th 2002, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hmiller:

Yours in the closest date to mine I have yet seen. I will definately keep an eye on you!!! Where is your fiance coming from? Mine is coming from London, so I was hopeful that things would go more smoothly but I guess not! The only good thing coming out of this is that he gets to spend more time with his teenage sons while he's still there!!!

Good luck to us all !!!
Old Sep 26th 2002, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

I'll be keeping an eye on you too

My fiance is coming from Holland. Haven't seen anyone else in all my internet travels going through the same consulate so maybe once we get through with Nebraska things will go rather quickly.

Have you got your packet 3 paperwork yet? I'm in the process of seeing if I can request ours so we will be ready. I'm determined to not have to reschedule our wedding in May!
Old Sep 26th 2002, 7:07 pm
Oregon/ShangHai

donahso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PEACHSTER:

Would be so nice to get an approval before this freeze but I aint counting on it.
Guess the only thing we can do now, PEACHSTER...is hope they get them out before tomorrow. Now it is clear why so many moved from storage on the same day - stockpiling to have something to work on for 2 weeks.

-Don H
Old Sep 26th 2002, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by hmiller:
I'll be keeping an eye on you too

My fiance is coming from Holland. Haven't seen anyone else in all my internet travels going through the same consulate so maybe once we get through with Nebraska things will go rather quickly.

Have you got your packet 3 paperwork yet? I'm in the process of seeing if I can request ours so we will be ready. I'm determined to not have to reschedule our wedding in May!

He's got the papers to fill out, he's still waiting for the police cert... he doesn't have access to his immunizations but he's 45 so hopefully the doc at the embassy will determine what he actually needs. He's got all the stuff from me he needs. I think we'll hold off on that "provisional file" til I get the I129 approval.

We aren't having a wedding since we have both been married before, so we are just going to take a quick ride to the courthouse and do it quiety and more importantly.. CHEAPLY!!
Haha...

sal
Old Sep 26th 2002, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Mooey is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Nsc File Freeze Tomorrw At Noon

Well I must admit Don that it didnt ring quite right when we all seemed to get the same message... I am just so angry that we are all being messed about like this.. Heck just rememebr wait it was like after the close down in May it taken them months to start working again.. heaven help all of us thats what I say.. It just aint fair..
I really cant see me making it to my daughter wedding.. and the anoying thing is she araanged the wedding there because she thought we would be.....

Guess the only thing we can do now, PEACHSTER...is hope they get them out before tomorrow. Now it is clear why so many moved from storage on the same day - stockpiling to have something to work on for 2 weeks.

-Don H
Old Sep 26th 2002, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Well I must admit Don that it didnt ring quite right when we all seemed to get the same message... I am just so angry that we are all being messed about like this.. Heck just rememebr wait it was like after the close down in May it taken them months to start working again.. heaven help all of us thats what I say.. It just aint fair..
I really cant see me making it to my daughter wedding.. and the anoying thing is she araanged the wedding there because she thought we would be.....

-Don H
Old Sep 27th 2002, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

waiting4T is an unknown quantity at this point

This is f**king Bulls*it. I'm so tired of this crap. and there is nothing i or anyone can do. I have been talking with my state senator, that is useless. They can't do anything!! It really pisses me off that i can't do anything. I hate to see all these other people getting approved from other centers only after 1 month or 2 months, it's crappppppppp!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 27th 2002, 5:16 am
Petey's Playmate

Originally posted by waiting4T:
This is f**king Bulls*it. I'm so tired of this crap. and there is nothing i or anyone can do. I have been talking with my state senator, that is useless. They can't do anything!! It really pisses me off that i can't do anything. I hate to see all these other people getting approved from other centers only after 1 month or 2 months, it's crappppppppp!!!!!!!!

Yes it is very much so BS!!!!! I am getting so fed up with INS & this waiting. Is total crap. I am sick to death of this waiting. I have waited for over 4 months damn it & my petition should have been approved by now. It's like this is never ending & when something good does happen then something bad happens to just slow things down again. I can't deal much more with this. I am about ready to snap.
Old Sep 27th 2002, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: Nsc File Freeze Tomorrw At Noon

Hi Peachester..
Well I hate to say it,, but I dont think we will hear until this darn thing is over.. we have been on that persosn darn desk since the 19th and I was told by the fella on the phone that it can take just 10 mins if all the paperwork is in place, and the only thing that will hold it up will be if they want extra info..
I am just so pissed right now,, I am feel sick,, my while life seems to have been put on hold,, I seem to do nothing but nag at Ken when he is online and I know that there is nothing he can do about it, well if this is somesort of test for how we feel about each other,, then I figure we have all past with flying colours...

Originally posted by PEACHSTER:

Yes it is very much so BS!!!!! I am getting so fed up with INS & this waiting. Is total crap. I am sick to death of this waiting. I have waited for over 4 months damn it & my petition should have been approved by now. It's like this is never ending & when something good does happen then something bad happens to just slow things down again. I can't deal much more with this. I am about ready to snap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.