Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

NSC Approval!

NSC Approval!

Old Sep 13th 2002, 4:10 am
Just Joined

dano is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NSC Approval!

Finally received an approval from the INS Nebraska Service Center on the petition for fiance visa. First NOA was April 27, second NOA was September 10. Total of 136 days. When I contacted the INS on September 6 they said they were still officially working on petitions receipted April 11. Yet there were some petitions that were received on May 13 that were already approved. The information officer said that wasn't unusual because they could be working on petitions that span an entire month at one time. Apparantly the immigration officers that are working on the petitions "order" a certain number of petitions to be brought to their desk. Some may order on 1 or 2 at a time, while others may order 25. So I'm guessing the official date they give include petitions that are at the tail end of this period of time. Their automated line still says "70-100 days for processing". They haven't done one that fast in at least 2 months.
Old Sep 13th 2002, 7:47 am
Gabriela

Default Re: NSC Approval!

Many congrats!!Sorry to hear that you waited for so long.We had our 1NOA in
may the13th and we were aprouved on sept the 3rd. Good luck with the rest of
the process!!

"dano" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Finally received an approval from the INS Nebraska Service Center on the petition
    > for fiance visa. First NOA was April 27, second NOA was September 10. Total of
    > 136 days. When I contacted the INS on September 6 they said they were still
    > officially working on petitions receipted April 11. Yet there were some petitions
    > that were received on May 13 that were already approved. The information officer
    > said that wasn't unusual because they could be working on petitions that span an
    > entire month at one time. Apparantly the immigration officers that are working on
    > the petitions "order" a certain number of petitions to be brought to their desk.
    > Some may order on 1 or 2 at a time, while others may order
    > 25. So I'm guessing the official date they give include petitions that are at the
    > tail end of this period of time. Their automated line still says "70-100 days
    > for processing". They haven't done one that fast in at least 2 months.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 13th 2002, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

dazeychain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dano:
Finally received an approval from the INS Nebraska Service Center on the petition for fiance visa. First NOA was April 27, second NOA was September 10. Total of 136 days. When I contacted the INS on September 6 they said they were still officially working on petitions receipted April 11. Yet there were some petitions that were received on May 13 that were already approved. The information officer said that wasn't unusual because they could be working on petitions that span an entire month at one time. Apparantly the immigration officers that are working on the petitions "order" a certain number of petitions to be brought to their desk. Some may order on 1 or 2 at a time, while others may order 25. So I'm guessing the official date they give include petitions that are at the tail end of this period of time. Their automated line still says "70-100 days for processing". They haven't done one that fast in at least 2 months.
Yay! Then there's hope for us! Congratulations.

D.
Old Sep 13th 2002, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Mooey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dano:

Well I just want to congratulate you.. Im waiting for mine to be approved at Nebraska 1st NOA 24th May.. Hopeing to get there while the fall colours are out sure is difficult walking with everything crossed....lol Bestweishes for you and congrat again..