Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Now they've really P*ss*d me off

Now they've really P*ss*d me off

Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Now they've really P*ss*d me off

The flag saga continues....

Following on from the shennanigans the other day I had another visit from the local Gestapo officers this time complaining that:

"The flag isnt lit up at night with a light on the top of the pole as in State Regulations blah blah blah. We demand you put a light up if you're going to fly it at night."

Well dear Arseholes Association...go F**K yourselves. I was flying the Stars and Stripes out of respect but now its gone. All that remains is a 6 foot Union Flag and a St George Cross (no not a fracking Swiss Flag you assholes). I've checked the national and state Flag Regulations (and they are only regulations not laws) and as a private citizen theres no requirement for me to fly the stars and stripes. So thats it. I shall now proudly fly my national flag and bollox to you all.

....Let battle commence.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now they've really P*ss*d me off

Yeehah you go boy...I bet you cant wait to see their faces!!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:50 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

Following on from the shennanigans the other day I had another visit from the local Gestapo officers this time complaining that:

"The flag isnt lit up at night with a light on the top of the pole as in State Regulations blah blah blah. We demand you put a light up if you're going to fly it at night."

Well dear Arseholes Association...go F**K yourselves. I was flying the Stars and Stripes out of respect but now its gone. All that remains is a 6 foot Union Flag and a St George Cross (no not a fracking Swiss Flag you assholes). I've checked the national and state Flag Regulations (and they are only regulations not laws) and as a private citizen theres no requirement for me to fly the stars and stripes. So thats it. I shall now proudly fly my national flag and bollox to you all.

....Let battle commence.
Ill put a tenner on the other bloke!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

....Let battle commence.
They'll surely be round this evening.

When they turn up, do the Haka.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

....Let battle commence.
we will fight them on the beaches......
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:11 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

....Let battle commence.
They'll be telling you to get your hair cut next!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

HOA's?

I spit on them.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Angry White Pyjamas] I've checked the national and state Flag Regulations (and they are only regulations not laws) and as a private citizen theres no requirement for me to fly the stars and stripes. QUOTE]

Now i hope this doesnt affect your fight against the ridiculous - but regulations are the vehicle used to interpret laws and are therefore enforceable - unlike guidelines etc, but go get em anyway!!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

AWP I've always thought what a nice life you have living in that part of the US, now I've changed my mind how on earth do you keep your cool putting up with tossers keep knocking at your door.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by britvic
AWP I've always thought what a nice life you have living in that part of the US, now I've changed my mind how on earth do you keep your cool putting up with tossers keep knocking at your door.
The entire STATE is like that.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Thats what I was thinking, one thing to get a letter but it's a piss take if you ask me to come & knock at your door.

On the plus side, I guess you get to rant back at their face?!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 5:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

OMG. Sorry I know its annoying for you. But this whole thing is soooo funny, just what a needed after my little run in with JP Morgan Chase Bank.

Fortunately for us we fly the US and UK flags between the garage doors and the outside garage lights are on light sensors, so our flags are illuminated during hours of darkness. A few months ago we went to a council meeting regarding a new development that was being built. I say 'council' more like a village meeting but you know how they like titles here. There was this huge discussion about flags, it just went on and on and on. The developer wanted to fly the companies flag. Wow that really went down well with the local 'officials'. In the end all he was allowed to do was to fly the US flag under strict stipulation that it either be ceremoniously take down each evening or illuminated during the hours of darkness.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

Oh brother

Flags are probably the NUMERO UNO problemo with the nazis.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

If you really want to narc them see if you can find anything they have sent you or display that has the flag on it. According to the flag code they keep banging on about you can't have a flag laying flat unless it's covering a coffin. It can't be on anything that can be soiled, torn or otherwise damaged. That one also means that the postage stamp with the flag on breaks the code. A few other Q & As you might like to bring up, especially the last one.

Q. On a neighbor's house, the flag of a foreign country hangs prominently displayed. Their home doesn't display the flag of the United States of America.
A. The US flag code does not require a private citizen to fly the US flag. You can politely suggest that your neighbor consider flying the US flag and explain your feelings, but your neighbor is a free citizen and the choice of displaying the flag is his and should be respected as a good neighbor.
Q. I fly my flag at home 24 hours a day. What does "properly illuminated" mean?
A. Section 6a: "when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness." The Flag Rules offer no additional guidance on this question. We interpret this to mean that there is either a light directly upon the flag or that there is sufficient local lighting to make the flag easily visible at night.
Q. Are there penalties for violating the Flag Code?
A. No. The Flag Code is intended as a guide to be followed on a purely voluntary basis to insure proper respect for the flag.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
If you really want to narc them see if you can find anything they have sent you or display that has the flag on it. According to the flag code they keep banging on about you can't have a flag laying flat unless it's covering a coffin. It can't be on anything that can be soiled, torn or otherwise damaged. That one also means that the postage stamp with the flag on breaks the code. A few other Q & As you might like to bring up, especially the last one.

Q. On a neighbor's house, the flag of a foreign country hangs prominently displayed. Their home doesn't display the flag of the United States of America.
A. The US flag code does not require a private citizen to fly the US flag. You can politely suggest that your neighbor consider flying the US flag and explain your feelings, but your neighbor is a free citizen and the choice of displaying the flag is his and should be respected as a good neighbor.
Q. I fly my flag at home 24 hours a day. What does "properly illuminated" mean?
A. Section 6a: "when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness." The Flag Rules offer no additional guidance on this question. We interpret this to mean that there is either a light directly upon the flag or that there is sufficient local lighting to make the flag easily visible at night.
Q. Are there penalties for violating the Flag Code?
A. No. The Flag Code is intended as a guide to be followed on a purely voluntary basis to insure proper respect for the flag.

I presume that AWP means that these rules and regulations are laid down by the HOA not federal lawmakers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.