Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Now that's a cool story

Now that's a cool story

Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:02 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Now that's a cool story

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science....ap/index.html

Sometimes, a real simple piece of tech/idea comes along and knocks your socks off. I guess the same was said of the simple wheel.

If they could get the cost of this down, I can see real value to all home owners in warm climates... pretty wicked.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:22 am
Critical Circuits

Terminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of lightTerminal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Now that's a cool story

Originally Posted by franc11s
http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science....ap/index.html

Sometimes, a real simple piece of tech/idea comes along and knocks your socks off. I guess the same was said of the simple wheel.

If they could get the cost of this down, I can see real value to all home owners in warm climates... pretty wicked.
In Egypt they have been using that trick to keep cool for years. Sitting a container of ice in front of electric fans. If this updated version is cheaper than A/C and doesn't freeze my butt, it gets my vote.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:10 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

They've talked of a similar situation for the Tube. In many coal mines, they use ice to help cool things down, and they have proposed adding ice into the tunnels of the tube to help reduce the temperatures on some lines.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

uktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to alluktoamerica is a name known to all

Originally Posted by penguinsix
They've talked of a similar situation for the Tube.
It needs it! I forgot how hot and stuffy the tube is... After living over in the USA for so long, one gets used to air con in every building