Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Now I feel safer !!!

Now I feel safer !!!

Old Dec 14th 2005, 6:35 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Now I feel safer !!!

"Air marshals to patrol trains, buses"

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/14/air....ap/index.html

Don't run for the train or bus though. Rucksacks are also out.

Al-la-carte menus on the Greyhound will also now be plastic knives and Forks (until the 20th Dec anyhow).....

What next
Old Dec 14th 2005, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Now I feel safer !!!

"As of Wednesday, the Transportation Security Administration said, teams of undercover air marshals..."

"...The teams will consist of two air marshals, one TSA bomb-sniffing canine team, one or two transportation security inspectors and a local law enforcement officer."

Oh very inconspicuous.

Mummy who are those 5 men with guns, masks, covert armour and a big ass dog?
Oh they are just tourists dear.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 6:56 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
"Air marshals to patrol trains, buses"

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/14/air....ap/index.html

Don't run for the train or bus though. Rucksacks are also out.

Al-la-carte menus on the Greyhound will also now be plastic knives and Forks (until the 20th Dec anyhow).....

What next
LOL - finally, a perfect solution!
Old Dec 15th 2005, 12:51 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Oh very inconspicuous.

Mummy who are those 5 men with guns, masks, covert armour and a big ass dog?
Oh they are just tourists dear.
What are they going to do to be 'undercover' - pretend the guy with the dog is blind ?
Old Dec 15th 2005, 2:11 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
What are they going to do to be 'undercover' - pretend the guy with the dog is blind ?
Times is 'ard sir...we have to share the guide dog betweens the 5 of us.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 2:17 pm

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Times is 'ard sir...we have to share the guide dog betweens the 5 of us.
Don;t ask me why, but that was easier read in an accent that sounded more like 'Blackbeard the Pirate'... I'm having one of those days again.

Does the dog get it's own seat on the greyhound bus ? (This is going to get just as surreal as the 'horse nailed onto the wings of the plane' Air Marshal Thread).
Old Dec 15th 2005, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

cpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of light

Don;t ask me why, but that was easier read in an accent that sounded more like 'Blackbeard the Pirate'... I'm having one of those days again.

Does the dog get it's own seat on the greyhound bus ? (This is going to get just as surreal as the 'horse nailed onto the wings of the plane' Air Marshal Thread).
Will there be any room left for passengers on the bus?
Old Dec 15th 2005, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

No silly! It sits on the driver's lap!
Old Dec 15th 2005, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Celsius
No silly! It sits on the driver's lap!
Maybe they could turn use those air conditioning units on the roof of the coach (I'm not calling it a bus), get rid of all the junk in it, and use the shell as a dog kennel for long journeys....