British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Notice Missing (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/notice-missing-109464/)

Ptarmigan Jul 15th 2002 5:36 pm

Notice Missing

Notice of approval never recieved

When my K1 petition was approved the first we knew about it was when we recieved the packet of forms from the embassy in London.

The problem is that the INS now want a copy of the approval notice for the AOS packet.

To get a copy of the form could take an eternity and costs according to the helpline number about $140.

Would the INS accept a letter explaining when the petition was approved, together with a copy of my visa which has the date the petition was approved printed on it?

Rete Jul 15th 2002 6:00 pm

Re: Notice Missing

Errrr did you at the time or have you attempted now to contact the service center that issued the NOA and tell them that you never received the notice of approval in the mail? If not, perhaps you might want to attempt that NOW before you send the money and form in. If you had done so at the start, they usually are "good" enough to mail you another one. Perhaps they still will if not too much time has passed.

As for your AOS, mail it without the NOA and pray it is accepted. You will have the NOA at some point before the interview.

Rete

Ptarmigan Jul 15th 2002 6:05 pm

We did try that but the number is permenantly busy (its the Texas centre) Ill try again though thanks

Rete Jul 15th 2002 8:01 pm

They say the sercet to getting through is to start the attempt about 8:30 in the morning and continually hit redial until you get someone.

R

Luanne Jul 16th 2002 6:20 pm

A similiar thing happened to us. We knew we were approved because of the message on
the automoated telephone system telling us so but never received the 2nd NOA
(approval).

After a few weeks had passed and we still didn't receive anything my fiance phoned
NSC and asked them to re-send it because we never got one in the first place. Finally
around 2 months after the original approval he got the 2nd NOA in the mail.

Persistent calling paid off.

Hope they send you another free of charge soon. Good luck!

Ptarmigan wrote:

>Notice of approval never recieved
    >
    >When my K1 petition was approved the first we knew about it was when we recieved the
    >packet of forms from the embassy in London.
    >
    >The problem is that the INS now want a copy of the approval notice for the
    >AOS packet.
    >
    >To get a copy of the form could take an eternity and costs according to the helpline
    >number about $140.
    >
    >Would the INS accept a letter explaining when the petition was approved, together
    >with a copy of my visa which has the date the petition was approved printed on it?
    >
    >
    >
    >--