Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

This was not suppose to happen (not this quickly)

Wikiposts

This was not suppose to happen (not this quickly)

Old Oct 29th 2010, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This was not suppose to happen (not this quickly)

So sorry to hear this. Good luck to you both and hope you find a good soloution to all this.

Chin up honey
Old Oct 30th 2010, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my, this is such bad news - to have all that forward momentum come to a crashing halt. I will keep my fingers, toes, legs, and whatnot crossed in the hope that this story turns out like N1cky's - if it can happen to her, it can happen to you. Sending you a PM also ... I wish you the VERY BEST of luck!
Old Oct 31st 2010, 6:17 am
London-San Fran-Vancouver

BadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Oh my, this is such bad news - to have all that forward momentum come to a crashing halt. I will keep my fingers, toes, legs, and whatnot crossed in the hope that this story turns out like N1cky's - if it can happen to her, it can happen to you. Sending you a PM also ... I wish you the VERY BEST of luck!
Thank you so much I have replied
Old Oct 31st 2010, 6:21 am

BadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Orangepants
So sorry to hear this especially as you've only just got here and haven't even recuperated the costs yet. If you can manage to get by without income for a few months, do what we did if you want to stay. My OH was on a H1B and he transferred to a B2 which took 2.5 months to process, making him legally allowed to stay which gave him time to get something else. He lost his job in Dec and started again in June. You're probably not in the right frame of mind but you maybe could see if you could secure a visa for yourself?
I wish you lots of luck.
OH is technical I have a photography degree so not sure what chance there would be for me to get a visa I would think unlikely

Thanks for letting me know about your situation hopefully something will turn up. We unpacked yesterday and performed magic by getting stuff from our three storey house into a one bed apartment and it looks wonderful just like home really love it here.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 4:28 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgerNaboo
OH is technical I have a photography degree so not sure what chance there would be for me to get a visa I would think unlikely

Thanks for letting me know about your situation hopefully something will turn up. We unpacked yesterday and performed magic by getting stuff from our three storey house into a one bed apartment and it looks wonderful just like home really love it here.
nothing to stop you looking for an H1 in your own right? You are there and 'legal' at the moment then husband could switch to an H4 until such times as he can find another h1b for himself.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by MsElui
nothing to stop you looking for an H1 in your own right? You are there and 'legal' at the moment then husband could switch to an H4 until such times as he can find another h1b for himself.
Then we will both be in the position of needing to get a H1B