Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Norway vs Scotland

Norway vs Scotland

Old Aug 12th 2009, 11:23 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Norway vs Scotland

..is now going to be shown live on Setanta. This must've just been arranged as it wasn't on their schedule a few days ago
If I'd have known I would've taken a half day to sit in the pub and watch it. Ach well - not holding out too much hope anyway

Should also be able to pick it up on BBC2 via the 'Film On' doohicky.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 11:27 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Norway vs Scotland

Your looking a bit Ill there mate, maybe you should take the day off....rest up a bit...plenty of fluids..
Old Aug 12th 2009, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Being a Scot I hope they win. But, being a Scot I won't be too surprised if they don't! I believe they are currently 2nd in their group and England are top of theirs. Would be good if both nations qualified for SA next year. Knowing my luck if they did then Scotland would be put in the hardest group, and probably with England!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 4:19 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG1976
Being a Scot I hope they win. But, being a Scot I won't be too surprised if they don't! I believe they are currently 2nd in their group and England are top of theirs. Would be good if both nations qualified for SA next year. Knowing my luck if they did then Scotland would be put in the hardest group, and probably with England!
I support 2 countries - Scotland and whoever England are playing
Old Aug 12th 2009, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
I have actually been asked to leave a pub after getting into a heated debate with someone about football whilst I was wearing a tshirt that said Scotland on it! I was then spat on as I walked down the street! (This was during Euro 96 and I was living in NW England whilst going to Uni)
Old Aug 12th 2009, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ever heard some of the stories of holiday visitors to Glasgow wandering into the wrong pub innocently wearing either of the 'Old Firm' colors? Definitely one of those 'What the F*** ' moments.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anyone surprised by the result in the game then?
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG1976
Anyone surprised by the result in the game then?
nope.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:48 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

have no idea what you guys see in Burley as a coach, he's anemic.......

Steve McLaren in a kilt.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
have no idea what you guys see in Burley as a coach, he's anemic.......

Steve McLaren in a kilt.
They could dress Mourinho up as a clown and put him in charge and the team would still be shite. It's just as well they won't reach the World Cup as they'd only make tits of themselves. What was it Ray Wilkins said - "they'll be back before the postcards".
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:16 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macca67
They could dress Mourinho up as a clown and put him in charge and the team would still be shite. It's just as well they won't reach the World Cup as they'd only make tits of themselves. What was it Ray Wilkins said - "they'll be back before the postcards".
I don't think a team that beats France home and away turns into a pile of shite overnight.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

I don't think a team that beats France home and away turns into a pile of shite overnight.
.....only to then get beaten by Georgia and lose to Italy in ET. It's the same old story of nearly there. I still well remember 1978, 1-1 vs Iran, and that was an own goal, and Costa Rica in 1990. When was the last time they qualified for a major tournament?

They've always been shite, mate. It's just they sometimes do something that gives a bit of hope.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:35 am
Gotta have more cowbell

It was not overnight - those French results were a while ago

Sarah - that is bad craic indeed. I've come across many English people (of course I then apologized) and have never had a negative experience. Actually quite like 'em
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Plenty of goals - it must have been a great game to watch.

I watched Mexico v USA in a Mexican restaurant. It was actually quite good watching a game with people who were really into it. Plus it was a good game - plenty of tackles flying in etc

I hope both USA & Mexico qualify for South Africa.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

hitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nice

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
typical, think i mentioned this on a thread about anti scottish sentiment on this site... Always the way! I reserve the right to my own opinion though, and you did have an english guy f-ing and blinding at the tv the other night in support...!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.