Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

North Carolina

North Carolina

Old Dec 19th 2010, 1:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North Carolina

Originally Posted by scouserwife
I'm going to hit World Market and look for the pies. He made some from scratch last week and wasn't really happy with the filling we found. It was my first mince and yeah, I wasn't impressed. We found some things at Ollie's, a discount store in Greensboro. I think they have one on Winston Salem as well. No luck finding Galaxy Minstrels yet...
I know it's not Mintrels but Dove chocolate is Galaxy.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 1:07 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to hit World Market and look for the pies. He made some from scratch last week and wasn't really happy with the filling we found. It was my first mince and yeah, I wasn't impressed. We found some things at Ollie's, a discount store in Greensboro. I think they have one on Winston Salem as well. No luck finding Galaxy Minstrels yet...
Hi Scouserwife, I used to live in Greensboro but have since moved back home..hmm the US mincemeat is very different to the UK version but you should find some Robinsons mincemeat in World Market, they should also have the Mr Kiplings ones as well..as well as loads of chocolate and goodies...just don't forget to bring your credit card along..

but if you get seriously stuck like I did one year, make your own mincemeat from scratch!, its really simple and it tastes so much better than the store bought stuff..the deliah smith's recipe is to die for..

if you need any help finding stuff and want to know anything about Greensboro, just give us a shout and hopefully I could point you in the right direction.

good luck
Old Dec 19th 2010, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

scouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nice

Thanks Lisa. I'm going to look up the recipe for the filling you suggested. I'm taking the credit card to World Market tomorrow for stocking stuffers. A big bottle of HP will be enough to put a smile on his face for sure! Found Jaffa Cakes at Aldi today, that was a pleasant surprise in itself!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

scouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nice

Jack Pot at World Market! I scored Mr. Kipling's Mince Meat pies and Christmas Cake. Robertsons Mince Meat filling, Bisto, Curry Sauces, Cadbury's, Christmas Pudding, Apple Cider (the hard stuff), Terry's oranges and more! Thanks ya'll
Old Dec 20th 2010, 9:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Jack Pot at World Market! I scored Mr. Kipling's Mince Meat pies and Christmas Cake. Robertsons Mince Meat filling, Bisto, Curry Sauces, Cadbury's, Christmas Pudding, Apple Cider (the hard stuff), Terry's oranges and more! Thanks ya'll
We don't have World Markets around here...in fact I don't think they have stores in NJ.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 9:40 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Fantastic

I hope you joined the rewards program
Old Dec 20th 2010, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

New to the site. We are in North Carolina, the Greensboro area. Just looking for some other brits to chat with about this and that. Still looking for Bisto and Robertsons Golden Shred Lemon marmalade! Have found HP and and a few other things...
Welcome to the Party!

Jim.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 9:56 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

all the things you have to have for christmas
Old Dec 20th 2010, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

I did join the rewards program, I thought I may have to offer them my first born child, but it was worth it to see my smiling Scouser! He's been having a real hard time this Christmas (just lost his mum suddenly) so I pulled into the parking lot told him to have a look in this place and get anything he wanted as part of his Christmas gift. He was like a little kid. Thanks again!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 12:48 am
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

I did join the rewards program, I thought I may have to offer them my first born child, but it was worth it to see my smiling Scouser! He's been having a real hard time this Christmas (just lost his mum suddenly) so I pulled into the parking lot told him to have a look in this place and get anything he wanted as part of his Christmas gift. He was like a little kid. Thanks again!
That's awesome

Happy myself today as UPS just delivered my case of Cadbury's Crunchie, that I purchased on Amazon with free shipping.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

I have found Roses lemon shred marmalade in Lowes food in NC.... its called Key lime on the label but exactly the same...mince pies at World market....
Lowes and BI LO also have a little Brit section now in the bigger stores as do the new Piggly Wiggly's ..... PG tips and some other random stuff... Also try Big Lots in the international section, I have found some German Blackcurrant jam thats cheaper than World Market and tastes great, just like UK ones...good luck!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Sarah Bridges is an unknown quantity at this point

New to the site. We are in North Carolina, the Greensboro area. Just looking for some other brits to chat with about this and that. Still looking for Bisto and Robertsons Golden Shred Lemon marmalade! Have found HP and and a few other things...
Hey, How are you? I live in South Carolina, and looking for some other brits to chat too, not quite sure how this works my first time on this site.. so just wanted to say hi, I have been here for 8 years, but have yet to meet people I can relate too. I originally from London, then moved to Kent. I moved here for my job and then I found my hubby, and have 2 kids 3 and 6... just a little about myself. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 7:41 pm
fsm
So I am where?

Originally Posted by Sarah Bridges
Hey, How are you? I live in South Carolina, and looking for some other brits to chat too, not quite sure how this works my first time on this site.. so just wanted to say hi, I have been here for 8 years, but have yet to meet people I can relate too. I originally from London, then moved to Kent. I moved here for my job and then I found my hubby, and have 2 kids 3 and 6... just a little about myself. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi welcome to the forum.

Been in the USA for 11 years, live in Charlotte, but moved from the UK to Miami.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Hello

Glad to hear from you.

So how long was you in Charlotte for? My hubby works in Charlotte and Columbia.

I use to work in pineville. ( i was seconded over here from my company in kent back in 2002, just recently business hadn't done so well, so now I am stuck in the small town of chester SC) it isn't to bad... but would like to move to back to Rockhill, or start making our way closer to myrtle beach would love to move to charleston very expensive though..

how you liking Miami I went there for christmas back in 2003. it was nice and warm christmas day sitting on beach with my mum, we had a great time..

thanks for contacting me..

chat again
Old Dec 21st 2010, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Hi Just to let you know that there is one in pineville also, (your probably to far away from there) but I am going tomorrow now I heard that they have mincepies, plus my mum is over from the UK.. gotta have some traditional british foods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.