Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Norfolk,VA..Virginia Beach, VA

Norfolk,VA..Virginia Beach, VA

Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Norfolk,VA..Virginia Beach, VA

Originally Posted by Xebedee
Slough - twin city of Hiroshima.
All I remember was my grandparents monthly trek to Waitroses in Slough, didn't seem so bad for that.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eurotramp
That's the other thing which bugs me.
We would only be there because of hubby's job with Nato and since this would be a move "forever", because the kids would then grow up and go to Uni there..I would not be able to work and if something would happen to hubby I would have to leave the country.
Worse case scenario....we are in the US for the last 10 years..kids are finished education and settled down in the US...something happen to hubby..I would have to leave the country because I have no right to stay there..
I'm not even sure that the kids allowed to stay once they are finished education..

I'm more and more leaning towards Somerset even thought it might would be an adventure living in the US..the lifestyle is properly better. I'm getting 50 next year and find it more and more difficult to move around different country's.
Honestly, from what I know of you from your posts I don't think you would like it over here, and you have pointed out some other possible pitfalls above.

Good luck and hope you get settled down.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 7:53 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Thumbnails Norfolk,VA..Virginia Beach, VA-choccy-eclair.jpg  
Old Jul 12th 2009, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xebedee
That's just cruel.