Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Non Expiring Green Card

Non Expiring Green Card

Old Jun 19th 2003, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Non Expiring Green Card

Anyone on here with a Non expiring Green Card, one that did not need AOS & is not a 10 year card, had it replaced yet.
I heard a couple of years ago, the Fed were going to start replacing those cards.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

euphemia is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently the authorities are trying to replace the old green cards of people travelling outside of the US. As they return to the US, the cards are taken from them and they apparently are given a form to take to their local INS office. This has been going on for a while, I have a friend up in Philly who had his taken from him at the airport on return from UK, that was about 6 years ago. It is all about trying to keep better records.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by euphemia
Apparently the authorities are trying to replace the old green cards of people travelling outside of the US. As they return to the US, the cards are taken from them and they apparently are given a form to take to their local INS office. This has been going on for a while, I have a friend up in Philly who had his taken from him at the airport on return from UK, that was about 6 years ago. It is all about trying to keep better records.

I went to UK Feb 2003. No one took my Green Card. Left the country 2 x 2002 ditto the card. I have been out of US at least once & as many as 3 times per year since I came here, still got my original card.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 10:28 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by frrussre
I went to UK Feb 2003. No one took my Green Card. Left the country 2 x 2002 ditto the card. I have been out of US at least once & as many as 3 times per year since I came here, still got my original card.
Reg. Frank R.
Apparently they are in the planning stage of an orderly exchange of these older pre 1977 card, this was claimed in 1998 and 2002
so should be any year now...