Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Non Deliver USA

Non Deliver USA

Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:24 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
Of course hubby would choose today and tomorrow to be working away.
must be a bugger indeed if you have no clothes and are in the buff all the time.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:26 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Of course hubby would choose today and tomorrow to be working away.
Uyyyy, so would I. Smart man!

Really though- congratulations, and hopefully the damage/theft is minimal.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Finally it's here. Two non English speaking chaps from Lithuania arrived this morning in a Ryder Hire van, dumped my stuff and went on their merry way.
Hey, seriously the two guys that delivered our stuff were from somewhere else - not sure Lithuania but Lebanese came to mind. They also delivered our stuff from a Ryder truck as well.

Glad you got your stuff, sorry to hear that you had damage though, at least we got our stuff intact - probably because there wasn't anything worth having.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 5:38 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Lisa. The annoying thing is that I had a really nice chest of drawers. The entire top drawer is missing. Same with another desk and an antique chest thing. Someone must have a top drawer fetish.

Still my personal bits and pieces are here so on a scale of one to ten, I'd give today 6 happy bunny points.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:02 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Lisa. The annoying thing is that I had a really nice chest of drawers. The entire top drawer is missing. Same with another desk and an antique chest thing. Someone must have a top drawer fetish.

Still my personal bits and pieces are here so on a scale of one to ten, I'd give today 6 happy bunny points.
I used http://www.movingscam.com/ when I was researching into moving companies (though I moved within a state). There might be some area on the site that deals with overseas moves and your rights as a consumer and how to deal with unscrupulous moving companies.

I wish you luck in sorting out the dodgy dealers!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

MarianneT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Non Deliver USA

A followup - the goods finally arrived about 2 weeks ago after numerous phone calls. The assurance that they would arrive at 8 am was only 7 hours off. The truck finally showed up a little after 3 pm. The gorillas that turned up had no intention of unwrapping the furniture. Husband had them wait while he undid the majority of the packing - at least so we could see what might have been damaged.
Just about every piece of furniture has a substantial scratch and they managed to virtually destroy our A$2000 barbecue. The next joy will be to try to make an insurance claim.

The more I talk to people that have moved overseas, the more I realise that I think this is normal practice. If you can afford it, sell everything that you can't take with you on the plane.