Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Noaa Predicts Very Active Hurricane Season

Wikiposts

Noaa Predicts Very Active Hurricane Season

Old May 22nd 2006, 7:52 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Noaa Predicts Very Active Hurricane Season

Originally Posted by TruBrit
and nagin just got re elected
Well Bush is proof positive that you can screw up royally and there'll still be people who'll vote you back in.
Old May 22nd 2006, 7:55 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Well Bush is proof positive that you can screw up royally and there'll still be people who'll vote you back in.
lol you said it
Old May 22nd 2006, 8:05 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

?????
Old May 23rd 2006, 2:46 am
2007 pred.league robbery

lee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond repute

I saw something on the weather channel with some expert predicting the tri-state area is due to get smacked with a big 'cane based on historical patterns. I always said if we get hit with anything near a 4 or 5 we're in serious trouble..some of these houses look like they are built with balsa wood.
Old May 23rd 2006, 3:43 am
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

60% of polls are inaccurate I predict 30% of the time, they are probably right

Read this, for how you can predict the number of hurricanes better than the pro's. Easier than converting centigrade to fahrenheit

Hurricane Prediction

Old May 23rd 2006, 4:10 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Theres a 60% chance that 45% of the population in Gulf states will have a 78% probability of a category 1-5 storm coming within between 50 and 100 miles. Or something.
Old May 23rd 2006, 4:58 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

I completely agree; but if the disaster overwhelms the local system whether it's through poverty or unpreparedness or laziness or whatever, then FEMA is supposed to take over.
Agreed- and they did...or tried to the best they could.
I actually was driving back to Alabama from Michigan the day of the hurricane, and I vividly remember seeing hundreds if not thousands of Army trucks- from tow trucks to duce and a halfs loaded with wather and MRE's, humvee's etc; along with hundreds of power company bucket trucks from various locals along the way, convoys of IN and KY state Police along with law enforcementfrom many cities; church and city disaster preparedness trucks...I was awfully proud to be an American and see that kind of out pouring of help. Imagine my surprise/reaction to the reports on TV over the following days saying that nobody (FEMA, etc) was doing anything to help.
Old May 23rd 2006, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Agreed- and they did...or tried to the best they could.
I actually was driving back to Alabama from Michigan the day of the hurricane, and I vividly remember seeing hundreds if not thousands of Army trucks- from tow trucks to duce and a halfs loaded with wather and MRE's, humvee's etc; along with hundreds of power company bucket trucks from various locals along the way, convoys of IN and KY state Police along with law enforcementfrom many cities; church and city disaster preparedness trucks...I was awfully proud to be an American and see that kind of out pouring of help. Imagine my surprise/reaction to the reports on TV over the following days saying that nobody (FEMA, etc) was doing anything to help.
Its a well known fact that those damned liberals at CNN hired 26,000 actors to mill around at the Superdome just to make the Bush administration look bad.
Old May 23rd 2006, 5:31 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rompers
Its a well known fact that those damned liberals at CNN hired 26,000 actors to mill around at the Superdome just to make the Bush administration look bad.
Too bad Ray Nagin and C. Blanco didn't do their job- if they had, the vast majority of the Superdome folks as well as the people that the National Guard and Coast Guard were risking their lives to save...would have been on busses, carried 300 miles north of N.O a few days before the disaster instead of on roofs.
Old May 23rd 2006, 5:32 am
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rompers
They had to have had, 26,000 people who lived there wouldn't have been crazy enough to stay behind, get "bit" by a hurricane and then blame their government, now would they!!
Old May 23rd 2006, 5:43 am
Maño-Americano

Originally Posted by franc11s
They had to have had, 26,000 people who lived there wouldn't have been crazy enough to stay behind, get "bit" by a hurricane and then blame their government, now would they!!
No...of course not. They remind me of all the other hurricane survivors that decide to stay home...cuz they're not going to abandon their property, or cuz they want to have a hurricane party and show everyone how tough they are, or cuz they're just too fu(king stoopid or lazy to get out...then when they're found alive in the rubble of their homes, they all seem to have found religon and always talk about how they're moving away, and how no one should ever face a hurricane like they did

Change to wording of your post from 'crazy' to stupid, and I think you nailed it.

Of course there is the other 10%- the aged, infirm or hospitalized that could not get out....but then again Nagin and his boys never gave a fu(kin thought to them either, did he??
Old May 23rd 2006, 5:49 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
cuz they're not going to abandon their property, or cuz they want to have a hurricane party and show everyone how tough they are, or cuz they're just too fu(king stoopid or lazy to get out...
I agree, why couldn't they all pack up and go to their summer cottages in upstate Louisiana.......
They could have shopped at World Market along the way and picked up red wine and organic berries to live on,
but no, these stupid lazy people decided to stay in the superdome so they could experience living on the edge............

either that or they were just f**king poor.
Old May 23rd 2006, 6:06 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
either that or they were just f**king poor.
I thought buses were laid on to ship people out, no ???
Old May 23rd 2006, 6:10 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I thought buses were laid on to ship people out, no ???
Days after it hit. Many of the superdome people were sitting on freeways waiting for them.
Old May 23rd 2006, 6:22 am
2007 pred.league robbery

lee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Days after it hit. Many of the superdome people were sitting on freeways waiting for them.
Note to self: Next time catch the bus before hurricane hits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.