Reload this Page >

No passport...!

No passport...!

Old Dec 7th 2007, 12:26 am
Just Joined

Mike Oxlong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No passport...!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Why would you do that and what address would you put of the forms? If it's not your present address and you are deliberately trying to deceive you are committing an offence. Just apply to DC for a new PP...they are not interested in your status in the US. Your problem is US immigration if or when you try to re-enter.
I find it hard to believe that the agencies are not all connected. Do you know this for a fact because that would be great. I could still go out through Mexico and try to blag as best I could upon return (which may not be for some time anyway).
Old Dec 7th 2007, 12:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike Oxlong
I find it hard to believe that the agencies are not all connected. Do you know this for a fact because that would be great. I could still go out through Mexico and try to blag as best I could upon return (which may not be for some time anyway).
The following link is the form for renewing a UK PP....at the bottom of the form in large letters is a warning that giving false information is a criminal offence. There is no way in hell I would give false information on an official government document and I am surprised anyone should suggest it.

http://www.britainusa.com/consular/c1form04.pdf

They probably do share information...what or whether they would be bothered with you I have no idea...but I doubt it. FWIW I would apply to DC for a new PP and leave the US as soon as possible after receiving it. Leaving the US should be no problem.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 7th 2007 at 12:44 am.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 1:13 am
Just Joined

The following link is the form for renewing a UK PP....at the bottom of the form in large letters is a warning that giving false information is a criminal offence. There is no way in hell I would give false information on an official government document and I am surprised anyone should suggest it.

http://www.britainusa.com/consular/c1form04.pdf

They probably do share information...what or whether they would be bothered with you I have no idea...but I doubt it. FWIW I would apply to DC for a new PP and leave the US as soon as possible after receiving it. Leaving the US should be no problem.
Thanks for the input. Although I'm not up on all the clever abbreviations, so instead of saving time it takes me yonks to figure some of them out. Yours, FWIW, alas I did not get! ...from what I.. ..from where it...

?
Old Dec 7th 2007, 1:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the input. Although I'm not up on all the clever abbreviations, so instead of saving time it takes me yonks to figure some of them out. Yours, FWIW, alas I did not get! ...from what I.. ..from where it...

?
Sorry...FWIW - for what it's worth. PP - passport. DC - Washington DC.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 1:28 am
Just Joined

Sorry...FWIW - for what it's worth. PP - passport. DC - Washington DC.
Should have got that really. PP & DC were a synch.

I am trying to avoid the 'send a cake with a file in' scenario. I appreciate your comments and level head.

Thanks Jerseygirl
Old Dec 7th 2007, 2:11 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

I went through from San Diego to Mexico earlier in the year, and we were on a big freeway going through, and no one even slowed down, let alone stop. On the Mexican side there were a few soldiers in a bunker made of sand bags, holding guns, just enjoying the view of cars whizzing by. Coming back into the U.S. it's 1-1/2 hour wait.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 2:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Should have got that really. PP & DC were a synch.

I am trying to avoid the 'send a cake with a file in' scenario. I appreciate your comments and level head.

Thanks Jerseygirl
You have the risk of being picked up now.

US Immigration does not check departures, they will be glad to be rid of you anyway.

The quickest route is to get a new Passport from DC, and get on the next Plane. Apart from the Fraud issue, Passports in the UK take a lot longer and all the time you are at risk.

You will need someone to co-sign your application, I used the local Headmaster.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you do that and what address would you put of the forms? If it's not your present address and you are deliberately trying to deceive you are committing an offence. Just apply to DC for a new PP...they are not interested in your status in the US. Your problem is US immigration if or when you try to re-enter.
Aha - I didn't know that it's an offence...I thought that you could do a postal PP application from anywhere in the world.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Aha - I didn't know that it's an offence...I thought that you could do a postal PP application from anywhere in the world.
The OP's first post implied he was considering applying as a UK resident.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:41 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Why not go to Canada, apply for a UK passport from the UK High Commission in Ottawa, and then you'll have no problems entering the US in the future. They won't have records of your overstay and your UK passport won't have been issued in the US. If you can show the Canadian border guards a plane ticket from Canada to the UK, so much the better.

Robin
complete bollocks and bad advice.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:03 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

I find it hard to believe that the agencies are not all connected.
Which agencies?
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:01 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
You have the risk of being picked up now.

US Immigration does not check departures, they will be glad to be rid of you anyway.

The quickest route is to get a new Passport from DC, and get on the next Plane. Apart from the Fraud issue, Passports in the UK take a lot longer and all the time you are at risk.
This is all so ridiculous.. Boiler's answer here is right on point. You're not going to fool anyone by trying to act like you have not been in the US all this time, the British Embassy doesn't care and they aren't going to tell anyone in the US and once you're gone, you're gone, so why try and dance around all this with where you get the pp renewal and which country you exit from?
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by meauxna
This is all so ridiculous.. Boiler's answer here is right on point. You're not going to fool anyone by trying to act like you have not been in the US all this time, the British Embassy doesn't care and they aren't going to tell anyone in the US and once you're gone, you're gone, so why try and dance around all this with where you get the pp renewal and which country you exit from?
I rather get the impression after the OPs visited his father he hopes to pick up his life back in the US.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 9:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I rather get the impression after the OPs visited his father he hopes to pick up his life back in the US.
It's just SO not going to happen. The steps he describes won't protect him the way he wishes.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 3:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
It's just SO not going to happen. The steps he describes won't protect him the way he wishes.
Do you know of more condusive steps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.