British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   No Passion To Work In US (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/no-passion-work-us-501418/)

smurtaza Dec 24th 2007 1:55 am

No Passion To Work In US

Hi,

My employer sponsored my E-3 visa for a fixed term contract job. But I found a same paying job in my home country Australia.There is not a single dollar difference in salary.

The employer is angry now and saying that I sponsored your visa blah blah.

It was the employer obligation to sponsor my visa.If this employer will cancel my E-3 visa, does this will effect my future possibilities to get E3 visa??

Thanks

Manc Dec 24th 2007 1:57 am

Re: No Passion To Work In US

Originally Posted by smurtaza (Post 5700844)
Hi,

My employer sponsored my E-3 visa for a fixed term contract job. But I found a same paying job in my home country Australia.There is not a single dollar difference in salary.

It was the employer obligation to sponsor my visa.If this employer will cancel my E-3 visa, does this will effect my future possibilities to get E3 visa??

Thanks

they cannot hold you hostage

smurtaza Dec 24th 2007 2:09 am

Originally Posted by Manc (Post 5700847)
they cannot hold you hostage

I haven't arrived in US. My logic is simple if I pay tax in Australia I have access to social security (children money in Australia) whereas paying tax in US will not pay me anything on E3 visa.

Manc Dec 24th 2007 2:11 am

Originally Posted by smurtaza (Post 5700875)
I haven't arrived in US. My logic is simple if I pay tax in Australia I have access to social security (children money in Australia) whereas paying tax in US will not pay me anything on E3 visa.

well that's a whole new ball of wax.

unless you've signed a contract I doubt they can really hold you to anything.

and even if they did, they gonna fly to Aus to take you to civil court??

smurtaza Dec 24th 2007 2:16 am

Originally Posted by Manc (Post 5700881)
well that's a whole new ball of wax.

unless you've signed a contract I doubt they can really hold you to anything.

and even if they did, they gonna fly to Aus to take you to civil court??

I think even if you signed a contract but you dont want to go there because of your obligations inside your home country.......they can't do much???

Manc Dec 24th 2007 2:19 am

Originally Posted by smurtaza (Post 5700889)
I think even if you signed a contract but you dont want to go there because of your obligations inside your home country.......they can't do much???

the way I see it.

you pays your money you takes your chance.

what if, per se, you had moved over spent a lot of money and upheaval and then they laid you off after a year?

they have just as much right to screw you over like that as much as you have to say "thanks but no thanks" before boarding the plane.

as I said, the way I see it, you pays your money you takes your chance. although I am not a contract lawyer so I might be talking complete shite.

smurtaza Dec 24th 2007 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Manc (Post 5700892)
the way I see it.

you pays your money you takes your chance.

what if, per se, you had moved over spent a lot of money and upheaval and then they laid you off after a year?

they have just as much right to screw you over like that as much as you have to say "thanks but no thanks" before boarding the plane.

as I said, the way I see it, you pays your money you takes your chance. although I am not a contract lawyer so I might be talking complete shite.

They are not going to give the case to interpole (:D) that this guy got E3 visa from us but now dont want to join the job because of his obligations inside his home country.

penguinsix Dec 24th 2007 2:35 am

What are they going to do? The same that they would do if you said you would take a job in Sydney and then changed your mind at the last minute. You aren't going to get a reference from them, and if you work in a small 'field' you might find your name kind of blackballed amongst some.

Technically they do have a 'case' against you, even if they don't have a contract--they've spent money in 'reliance' of your pledge to work for them (though there are tons of details we don't know) and know they are 'out' the money they spent on the visa because you changed your mind. Proving these cases would cost more than they'll win though so....

As for finding another E3, that is really a new category and there is not a lot of information on how it works / doesn't work (I think the law has only been around for 2 years).

Manc Dec 24th 2007 2:36 am

Originally Posted by smurtaza (Post 5700902)
They are not going to give the case to interpole (:D) that this guy got E3 visa from us but now dont want to join the job because of his obligations inside his home country.

**** "obligations to your home country"

I think "I don't want the hassle and got a job here"
is suffice enough.

Ray Dec 24th 2007 3:02 am

Tell them you have caught a disease, have mental health problems, your
dog just died..yoiur budgie flew the coop ..whatever you like ..

augigi Dec 24th 2007 9:03 am

I doubt it would affect a future E3. Although I don't know why you'd want a future E3, if you see things like paying in Social Security that you can't claim as a problem.

I personally think it's a shitty thing to sign a contract/let the employer be out money - you really make it harder for the next person who applies for a NIV with that company. No wonder they think it's too much hassle to petition for a visa.

What you can get away with and what you should do are often two different things.

Xebedee Dec 24th 2007 9:52 am

Originally Posted by smurtaza (Post 5700844)
Hi,
Thanks

Everyone's different and some live and breathe by their work ethic, but #1 responsibility is surely to family and happiness. You gonna jeopardise both just to earn clemency with your firm? Make them happy?
There are more fish in the sea, as the say. ;)

Bon chance and look out for #1. :thumbup:

smurtaza Dec 24th 2007 10:16 am

Originally Posted by augigi (Post 5701558)
I doubt it would affect a future E3. Although I don't know why you'd want a future E3, if you see things like paying in Social Security that you can't claim as a problem.

I personally think it's a shitty thing to sign a contract/let the employer be out money - you really make it harder for the next person who applies for a NIV with that company. No wonder they think it's too much hassle to petition for a visa.

What you can get away with and what you should do are often two different things.

Why would anybody in this world will relocate to US if he is getting same salary in his home country (where he have family and relatives).Unless and until its something exceptional money or exceptional benefits. I know mostly all foreign people are getting paid in USD (tax free) while working in Africa as well. Why to make your life more difficult by entering into United States (where getting a citizenship status is also a big issue).

Its the US Government rules,policies and procedures, who want to make the employer sponsoring from their country out of money.

augigi Dec 24th 2007 10:57 am

Originally Posted by smurtaza (Post 5701696)
Why would anybody in this world will relocate to US if he is getting same salary in his home country (where he have family and relatives).Unless and until its something exceptional money or exceptional benefits. I know mostly all foreign people are getting paid in USD (tax free) while working in Africa as well. Why to make your life more difficult by entering into United States (where getting a citizenship status is also a big issue).

I assume you'd think about these issues BEFORE applying for a job and getting an employer to fork out cash for your visa. WTF does working in Africa have to do with the question you asked? Citizenship has nothing to do with getting a non-immigrant work visa. I really don't understand your point.

Triumphrob Dec 24th 2007 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by smurtaza (Post 5701696)
Why would anybody in this world will relocate to US if he is getting same salary in his home country .

What he said!