Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

No IHOP for us this weekend!

No IHOP for us this weekend!

Old Oct 12th 2011, 2:31 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No IHOP for us this weekend!

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
So how were the bangers and bacon then?
The bacon, black pudding & sausages were all fantastic, the sausages were literally bangers, nothing fancy - just pink mush in casings. This was, however, just what I was after. The bacon was lovely lean back bacon. The black pudding was my favorite - could have eaten the lot myself.

The white pudding was not what I had expected - I am used to a white pudding from the chipper being really dry and quite crumbly. This one had more of the texture of sausage slice but was white in colour. Maybe Irish white pudding is different from scottish white pudding? It was still tasty and in fact my son's favorite part of the whole breakfast.

Only used half a packet of sausages so my son and his buddy had sausages and french toast the next morning. My dude with tomato sauce, his buddy with maple syrup !

I have the same lot again sitting in the freezer along with the extra 2 packets of bacon they sent me, don't know how long I can resist...
Old Oct 13th 2011, 1:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great!

Not a big fan of white or black pud myself though....and now sure what the difference is, the white is made with fat and oats rather than blood and what else?
Old Oct 13th 2011, 3:05 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Sounds great!

Not a big fan of white or black pud myself though....and now sure what the difference is, the white is made with fat and oats rather than blood and what else?
Barley, Suet, Oatmeal and flavourings I think. White pudding uses pork meat instead of the blood.

I always remember watching Nick Nairn trying to make black pudding with some old woman in the highlands and he had to be excused to shout on his uncle Huey

Oh and my favourite quote from one of my favourite movies 'So I Married an Axe Murderer'

Harriet Michaels: Do you actually like haggis?
Charlie Mackenzie: No, I think it's repellent in every way. In fact, I think most Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 10:13 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

.... just seeing "IHOP" on the thread list is really making me crave the $4.99 AYCE pancakes promo that they're doing...

Damn it.

Wifi, pancakes and boothsores from IHOP....