Reload this Page >

NO EAD stamp at EWR :-(

NO EAD stamp at EWR :-(

Old Jul 17th 2002, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Jenn & Ben is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NO EAD stamp at EWR :-(

Hi all,
Ben just flew into EWR (Newark, NJ) from BHX (Birmingham, England) and did not get the EAD stamp or card. BOO!! :-(
He was told they don't issue them any longer.
So now we hope it won't take too long to get a temporary one. Does anyone know how long it takes to get one, I think through the Norfolk, VA, INS office? I hope it won't be too long, as he already has one company interested in hiring him!
Thanks for any info....
Jenn + Ben
(WOO HOO!!! HE'S HERE IN THE USA!!! HOME AT LAST!!!!!) :-)
Old Jul 17th 2002, 7:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NO EAD stamp at EWR :-(

Glad he's here. And yes, it will soon feel like home to him ;-)

Please post his not so happy POE experience at:

http://www.k1poelist.com/k1poelist.cgi

Rete
Old Jul 17th 2002, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Karib is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news! Lets us know how he gets on applying for a SS number as well!
Old Jul 17th 2002, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Ptarmigan is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same experience at Atlanta in may when I arrived, they told me that they don't issue them any more. As for the social security, they told me that without an EAD I cannot have a social security number
Old Jul 17th 2002, 10:54 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Jenn,

That's why my fiancee flew into JFK 2 years ago - because it was well known that Newark didn't provide EAD but JFK did.

I haven't kept up with the POE experience site to know if JFK still provides EAD or not, but when a person has options as to which POE they could use it's worth checking the site.

And, as Rete says, it's also a good idea to post your own experience to help those who will follow you.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Jenn & Ben
Hi all,
Ben just flew into EWR (Newark, NJ) from BHX (Birmingham, England) and did not get the EAD stamp or card. BOO!! :-(
He was told they don't issue them any longer.
So now we hope it won't take too long to get a temporary one. Does anyone know how long it takes to get one, I think through the Norfolk, VA, INS office? I hope it won't be too long, as he already has one company interested in hiring him!
Thanks for any info....
Jenn + Ben
(WOO HOO!!! HE'S HERE IN THE USA!!! HOME AT LAST!!!!!) :-)
Old Jul 18th 2002, 12:20 am
Mdudall

You could always try going to your "Local" INS office and try filing an I-765 under
category a6. I just took a call an hour ago from a former K-1 beneficiary who told me
that she recently went into the L.A. INS office and filed an I-765 under category a6.
They did not charge her a filing fee, and she now has a laminated EAD good for the
remainder of her 90 days (from the date of entry). Maybe it was a fluke/she just got
lucky. But I've had another client successfully do this at the San Francisco INS
office. Not saying it will work for you, but it might not hurt to try (that is, if
you can file it locally without a filing fee).

Regards, Matthew Udall Attorney

Old Jul 18th 2002, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Jenn & Ben is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you all for your info! as for why he flew into newark over JFK, we had read about someone fairly recently who got her EAD stamp at EWR, so we figured there was a chance.
ah well...live and learn!
we're going to head down to norfolk and give it a go.
will let you all know how it goes!
Old Jul 18th 2002, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point

I was going to have greg fly into Atlanta from the UK because it looked like a lot of Uk citizens who flew into ATL got their stamps.. but it may have changed... does anyone know when you can apply for it if you don't get right away. I've heard some say just to wait until you get AOS. How long does it usually take to process. Are we looking 2 months, a year? Good luck Jen and Ben!