Reload this Page >

no co-sponsor

no co-sponsor

Old Sep 25th 2002, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

chindit is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy no co-sponsor

Hi everyone,
Ive been living in the u.s for 16 months and im married to a usc.The problem we have is the lack of a co-sponsor,either family or friend.Has anyone else been in this situation?Does anyone know of any group/organisation that could help?Thank you for your time
Old Sep 26th 2002, 12:09 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: no co-sponsor

Originally posted by chindit:
Hi everyone,
Ive been living in the u.s for 16 months and im married to a usc.The problem we have is the lack of a co-sponsor,either family or friend.Has anyone else been in this situation?Does anyone know of any group/organisation that could help?Thank you for your time
Do you really need a co-sponsor? There is you and your USC spouse. Are you both working? Have you the foreign spouse been living/married for over six months in the same household. If so, won't your combined salaries met or exceed the guidelines required for the I-864? If so, you can complete form I-864A and use your income in addition to your spouses to met the requirements.

Rete
Old Sep 26th 2002, 12:28 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Rete:

Do you really need a co-sponsor? There is you and your USC spouse. Are you both working? Have you the foreign spouse been living/married for over six months in the same household. If so, won't your combined salaries met or exceed the guidelines required for the I-864? If so, you can complete form I-864A and use your income in addition to your spouses to met the requirements.

Rete
Thanks for the reply.Let me clarify,because we dont have a co-sponsor i dont have a green card so no im not working.Yes we have been married for more than 6 months we have a 4month old baby plus 4 other kids living under the same roof theirfore my wifes income is below the poverty guidelines.
Old Sep 26th 2002, 1:25 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chindit:
Thanks for the reply.Let me clarify,because we dont have a co-sponsor i dont have a green card so no im not working.Yes we have been married for more than 6 months we have a 4month old baby plus 4 other kids living under the same roof theirfore my wifes income is below the poverty guidelines.
Hmmmm you don't need a green card to work. You need an employment authorization document which you apply for at the time you apply adjustment of status. That allows you to get a social security card and employment
Old Sep 26th 2002, 5:16 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Rete:

Hmmmm you don't need a green card to work. You need an employment authorization document which you apply for at the time you apply adjustment of status. That allows you to get a social security card and employment
Thank you for taking the time to reply,but,i cant get an EAD until i get a co-sponsor which we have found to be impossible.No co-sponsor no adjustment of status no EAD.What i need is someone to sponsor me,any volunteers?
Old Sep 26th 2002, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Aliluv is an unknown quantity at this point

You should be able to get the EAD without a co-sponser? Someone here might be able to explain it better but the I-864 wont be needed until down the road? I don't think you have to file it right away. Can anyone clarify?
Old Sep 26th 2002, 6:02 pm
Denis Barlow

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:09:28 +0000, Aliluv
wrote:

>You should be able to get the EAD without a co-sponser? Someone here
    >might be able to explain it better but the I-864 wont be needed until
    >down the road? I don't think you have to file it right away. Can
    >anyone clarify?

Well, I had to submit the I-864 when I applied for AOS and you can't
get an EAD without applying for AOS. At least that is the case here in
Phoenix.

Denis

I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we
met

Old Sep 26th 2002, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Aliluv:
You should be able to get the EAD without a co-sponser? Someone here might be able to explain it better but the I-864 wont be needed until down the road? I don't think you have to file it right away. Can anyone clarify?
Thanks ali,can anyone clarify?
Old Sep 26th 2002, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

You must FILE the I-864 with the application. However, the sufficiency of the I-864 is not ADJUDICATED until the time of the interview.

The USC petitioner has to file an I-864 whether its sufficient or not. So the advice was to file the damn thing which will get alien spouse an EAD and then later the I-864 will be supplemented or replaced at time of interview in order to get case approved.
Old Sep 26th 2002, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

You must FILE the I-864 with the application. However, the sufficiency of the I-864 is not ADJUDICATED until the time of the interview.

The USC petitioner has to file an I-864 whether its sufficient or not. So the advice was to file the damn thing which will get alien spouse an EAD and then later the I-864 will be supplemented or replaced at time of interview in order to get case approved.
Old Sep 28th 2002, 12:23 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Folinskyinla:

Hi:

Thanks Folinskyinla,my wife and i will send off the paperwork and see what happens.