Reload this Page >

NJ driving license

NJ driving license

Old May 1st 2002, 11:26 am
fat
Forum Regular

fat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NJ driving license

Have noted here recent comments about various levels of success of people getting state driving licenses...

I applied to NJ DMV and eventhough I have both EAD and a SSN they refused to let me apply for a state driving license stating that I could not apply until I received my I551 stamp in my passport,in the mean time I was to drive on my UK licence and international drivers permit...

Fortunately my wifes car insurers have let me go on to her policy on this basis.
Old May 1st 2002, 1:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NJ driving license

Your problem is one that many people are facing nationwide. For some f**king reason the state senate is more than willing to allow driver's licenses to other holders of INS visa who are not in line for permanent residency and not married to US citizens. The thumbing of their collective noses is more than enough to make one angry enough to not vote for the ignorant politican who doesn't even know the laws of their own country in terms of INS.
Old May 1st 2002, 3:40 pm
Mrtravel

fat wrote:

> Have noted here recent comments about various levels of success of people getting
    > state driving licenses...
    >
    > I applied to NJ DMV and eventhough I have both EAD and a SSN they refused to let me
    > apply for a state driving license stating that I could not apply until I received
    > my I551 stamp in my passport,in the mean time I was to drive on my UK licence and
    > international drivers permit...

You arent't required to have an IDL in the US.

Old May 1st 2002, 3:52 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Mrtravel,

Requirements for driving in the USA are set at the state level, and vary state by state. One cannot make such a blanket statement about the USA as a whole.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Mrtravel

Â
You arent't required to have an IDL in the US.