Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Nice to be back

Nice to be back

Old Mar 30th 2005, 3:14 pm
Another gloomy day!

hayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Nice to be back

Hello everyone, I am having an unusually good day today! (very unusual for me, trust me!) I recently got back from my visit to the UK and it made me realise just how much I like it here. Yeah, I can't work and I have no friends here yet but now I want that! Before I wasn't that bothered about trying to get out and enjoy it.
Actually I did go back to UK last year, just after we got here because I did hate it and missed everyone so much. But that only lasted a couple months and I realised it wasn't the same without my lovely boyfriend and I belonged here with him. Now I volunteer, which is great and I enjoy it, and that means I'm getting out of the house and meeting people!!!
AND.... the sun is shining! Have a happy smiley day all
Old Mar 30th 2005, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nice to be back

Congrats. Sometimes it takes a while to find your feet. It will get even better! Just you wait and see!
Old Mar 30th 2005, 4:09 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hayley82
Hello everyone, I am having an unusually good day today! (very unusual for me, trust me!) I recently got back from my visit to the UK and it made me realise just how much I like it here. Yeah, I can't work and I have no friends here yet but now I want that! Before I wasn't that bothered about trying to get out and enjoy it.
Actually I did go back to UK last year, just after we got here because I did hate it and missed everyone so much. But that only lasted a couple months and I realised it wasn't the same without my lovely boyfriend and I belonged here with him. Now I volunteer, which is great and I enjoy it, and that means I'm getting out of the house and meeting people!!!
that's funny I just came back and feel the exact opposite.
so much so that I just applied for 7 jobs in the UK.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 4:17 pm
Another gloomy day!

hayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of lighthayley82 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Manc

Your friends and family must be nicer than mine then!!
Old Mar 30th 2005, 4:25 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Your friends and family must be nicer than mine then!!
not really.
most days I love being 4000 miles away from my mother.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 4:31 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

not really.
most days I love being 4000 miles away from my mother.
You just need to get outa that cold ... get down here..get you a job ..no prob...
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Going to try and hold down 7 jobs are we.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:45 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Jabba1
Going to try and hold down 7 jobs are we.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
7 pizza delivery shops.
1 night per week each.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

So the pre-return party you had changed your mind? I agree with Ray, there is nothing like getting sunshine on your back Should get to 83 today.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

amen to that Haley - we went home at Xmas and came back looking at the US in a new light ... my wife has made an incredible effort since coming back to make friends and get intergrated in the community and we have met some really cool people (a lot of them English but "birds of feather" and all that)
We are letting our eldest go home next week and hope that will put some perspective on her living here (it probably wont as she is the only person the world that looks at chavscum.co.uk and thinks the girls look cool and lads are fit )
Old Mar 30th 2005, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

how long you been here Manc ? what you missing mate ? (apart from pies and SCFC)
Old Mar 30th 2005, 6:14 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Eskimo
how long you been here Manc ? what you missing mate ? (apart from pies and SCFC)
I'm a city boy at heart.
I think living in the sticks is slowly sending my insane.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a city boy at heart.
are you really considering moving back? And there's me thinking that you thought the sun shone out of the USA's backside.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

I'm a city boy at heart.

Must admit Manc I have just spent sometime up in the Mid west and I think I would find it tough up there - good weather aside I love here being able to drive 20 - 40 mins to either the beach, the mountains, the desert or the city ..
Never really had a lot of affinity with "plough jockeys"
Old Mar 30th 2005, 8:05 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
You just need to get outa that cold ... get down here..get you a job ..no prob...
ain't that the truth, it took me years to get used to the heat and humidity but from the very start I've enjoyed outdoor pools all Summer long!! hearing the cicada's, palm trees and margarita's at the pool...bliss!!
it feels like a vaction!!

you need to travel a little further South Manc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.