British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   NHS Covid Pass after moving (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/nhs-covid-pass-after-moving-941224/)

GaleOfWind Oct 20th 2021 3:07 pm

NHS Covid Pass after moving

Hi everyone, I'm moving to LA in January. I believe that GPs remove you from their registry once you move abroad. I'm wondering whether this means I'll lose access to the digital Covid Pass after this happens - ie would my log in for the NHS App become invalid.

Have any recent emigrants here been through this and kept/lost access to their digital covid pass?

steph0scope Oct 22nd 2021 6:11 am

Re: NHS Covid Pass after moving

Why would you need that here anyway? Just apply for the certificate (paper) and carry that with you. COVID vaccine evidence is on paper here. No one would have a clue what to do with your digital pass or what it means

robin1234 Oct 22nd 2021 11:37 am

Originally Posted by steph0scope (Post 13064197)
Why would you need that here anyway? Just apply for the certificate (paper) and carry that with you. COVID vaccine evidence is on paper here. No one would have a clue what to do with your digital pass or what it means

I assumed OP meant, for when they returned to Britain for visits etc. I must admit, I’m in an extended visit to the UK now, and not having a “COVID Pass” doesn’t bother me. I got my three Pfizer shots in New York.

durham_lad Oct 23rd 2021 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by robin1234 (Post 13064267)
I assumed OP meant, for when they returned to Britain for visits etc.

I assumed he meant this. Scotland requires a Covid pass for many indoor events as does Wales I think and England "might" go that route.

If I was the OP then if he looks at his pass on the NHS app there is the option to download a PDF or email a PDF. Maybe worth doing this before leaving in case the NHS app and login is disabled once he is non-resident.

zzrmark Oct 24th 2021 1:14 am

Originally Posted by GaleOfWind (Post 13063636)
Hi everyone, I'm moving to LA in January. I believe that GPs remove you from their registry once you move abroad. I'm wondering whether this means I'll lose access to the digital Covid Pass after this happens - ie would my log in for the NHS App become invalid.

Have any recent emigrants here been through this and kept/lost access to their digital covid pass?

I know it's all very 20th century but why can't you just apply to the NHS and get a paper copy, like all the old scroats who don't do computers technology?

GaleOfWind Oct 24th 2021 1:57 pm

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately you gave me too much credit - I did in fact mean for use in the US, not for when I'm back in the UK. Embarrassingly enough I had forgotten about the existence of a paper certificate option when I was writing this post, but I have now applied for it.

I presume a photo of the paper certificate would be fine for use in the US, as I have heard that some people just show a photo of their CDC card? I would not want to carry it around and risk losing it.

postbox134 Oct 24th 2021 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by GaleOfWind (Post 13064993)
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately you gave me too much credit - I did in fact mean for use in the US, not for when I'm back in the UK. Embarrassingly enough I had forgotten about the existence of a paper certificate option when I was writing this post, but I have now applied for it.

I presume a photo of the paper certificate would be fine for use in the US, as I have heard that some people just show a photo of their CDC card? I would not want to carry it around and risk losing it.

I doubt you'll need it much in LA. San Francisco required it when I went in September, and NYC does too. AFAIK no other places in the US require proof of vaccination for day-to-day things.

destone Oct 25th 2021 12:06 am

Originally Posted by postbox134 (Post 13065153)
I doubt you'll need it much in LA. San Francisco required it when I went in September, and NYC does too. AFAIK no other places in the US require proof of vaccination for day-to-day things.

Although technically LA requires it, I have seen no sign of any implementation other than at larger gatherings like theater shows.

GaleOfWind Oct 28th 2021 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by postbox134 (Post 13065153)

Originally Posted by destone (Post 13065160)
Although technically LA requires it, I have seen no sign of any implementation other than at larger gatherings like theater shows.

LA's vaccine mandate will take effect in November, requiring vaccination to enter most indoor venues ("restaurants, bars, coffee shops, stores, gyms, spas or salons") so I expect that there'll be more use for a proof of vaccination once that kicks in.

destone Oct 28th 2021 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by GaleOfWind (Post 13066284)
LA's vaccine mandate will take effect in November, requiring vaccination to enter most indoor venues ("restaurants, bars, coffee shops, stores, gyms, spas or salons") so I expect that there'll be more use for a proof of vaccination once that kicks in.

I stored my proof of vaccination in the iPhone iOS 15.1 Wallet feature and so far both LA clubs I visited yesterday accepted it.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...87e5d93c9.jpeg