Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

NFL 2011/2012 season is on. Who are your picks?

NFL 2011/2012 season is on. Who are your picks?

Old Jul 26th 2011, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of
Default NFL 2011/2012 season is on. Who are your picks?

OK so surprise, surprise the NFL season is definitely back on. Once I heard Obama rattle on about how bad it would be for jobs (blah, blah) if the season wasn't on then you figure that a few words were said to certain people behind the scenes.... Who knows. Who cares. It's on!

Anyway... A quick look at the odds shows that it is as open as always:

Green Bay Packers 7
New England Patriots 7
San Diego Chargers 10
Pittsburgh Steelers 14
New Orleans Saints 16
Philadelphia Eagles 16
Atlanta Falcons 16
New York Jets 16
Indianapolis Colts 18
Dallas Cowboys 19
Baltimore Ravens 20
New York Giants 22
Chicago Bears 33
Houston Texans 35
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 40
Detroit Lions 40
Kansas City Chiefs 50
St Louis Rams 50
Oakland Raiders 50
San Francisco 49ers 66
Miami Dolphins 66
Minnesota Vikings 66
Jacksonville Jaguars 80
Tennessee Titans 80
Seattle Seahawks 100
Arizona Cardinals 125
Denver Broncos 125
Washington Redskins 125
Cincinnati Bengals 150
Cleveland Browns 150
Buffalo Bills 250
Carolina Panthers 250

I can't believe the Broncos are 125/1. Crazy price. I've got a feeling that they are going to do well this season.

Also in the AFC the Colts @ 18/1 could be a bit of value. The SB is in Indy.

In the NFC I like Saints @ 18/1. My outsider is the Lions @ 40/1. Are the Redskins really a 125/1 shot? I'd have them a bit shorter.

A double on the Broncos to win the AFC and the Redskins to win the NFC pays 4,488/1. Surely a license to print money? Ha ha - enjoy the season everyone.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NFL 2011/2012 season is on. Who are your picks?

Haha, Broncos!

Go Chiefs!
Old Jul 26th 2011, 4:45 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

What day will Favre come back?
Old Jul 26th 2011, 4:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The Pats have to be looking alright for a play off spot, at the very least.

For the sake of my sanity, the Bills better do better than line the bottom of the pit.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye View Post
What day will Favre come back?
Shhh, don't tell Favre the lockout is over.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

KC natives Paul Rudd & Rob Riggle discuss KC & Chiefs fans. Hysterical, genius and TRUE.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...50268118125009

First in a series of videos apparently
Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimberHut View Post
OK so surprise, surprise the NFL season is definitely back on. Once I heard Obama rattle on about how bad it would be for jobs (blah, blah) if the season wasn't on then you figure that a few words were said to certain people behind the scenes.... Who knows. Who cares. It's on!

Anyway... A quick look at the odds shows that it is as open as always:

Green Bay Packers 7
New England Patriots 7
San Diego Chargers 10
Pittsburgh Steelers 14
New Orleans Saints 16
Philadelphia Eagles 16
Atlanta Falcons 16
New York Jets 16
Indianapolis Colts 18
Dallas Cowboys 19
Baltimore Ravens 20
New York Giants 22
Chicago Bears 33
Houston Texans 35
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 40
Detroit Lions 40
Kansas City Chiefs 50
St Louis Rams 50
Oakland Raiders 50
San Francisco 49ers 66
Miami Dolphins 66
Minnesota Vikings 66
Jacksonville Jaguars 80
Tennessee Titans 80
Seattle Seahawks 100
Arizona Cardinals 125
Denver Broncos 125
Washington Redskins 125
Cincinnati Bengals 150
Cleveland Browns 150
Buffalo Bills 250
Carolina Panthers 250

I can't believe the Broncos are 125/1. Crazy price. I've got a feeling that they are going to do well this season.

Also in the AFC the Colts @ 18/1 could be a bit of value. The SB is in Indy.

In the NFC I like Saints @ 18/1. My outsider is the Lions @ 40/1. Are the Redskins really a 125/1 shot? I'd have them a bit shorter.

A double on the Broncos to win the AFC and the Redskins to win the NFC pays 4,488/1. Surely a license to print money? Ha ha - enjoy the season everyone.
Of course the Broncos will do better, they have Tim Tebow.......
Old Aug 1st 2011, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

fromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to all

Bears look good EW shout to me at 33's.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post
Of course the Broncos will do better, they have Tim Tebow.......
Sarky dig? Or do you think he will do OK in the NFL?
Old Aug 4th 2011, 6:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimberHut View Post
Sarky dig? Or do you think he will do OK in the NFL?
No, I'm a Gator... I'm serious...
Old Aug 4th 2011, 7:09 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

The Iggles are now at 8.