Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Nexus application - 3 year residency rule

Nexus application - 3 year residency rule

Old Oct 12th 2016, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

canarybats has much to be proud ofcanarybats has much to be proud ofcanarybats has much to be proud ofcanarybats has much to be proud ofcanarybats has much to be proud ofcanarybats has much to be proud ofcanarybats has much to be proud ofcanarybats has much to be proud ofcanarybats has much to be proud ofcanarybats has much to be proud ofcanarybats has much to be proud of
Default Nexus application - 3 year residency rule

hey!

I'm really excited about applying for the Nexus card. I travel to Canada a lot (my sis lives there) and I also travel for work quite a bit too and having TSA Pre + Global Entry seems so awesome. Especially when you are stuck in a massive queue watching everyone sail past in the fast track lines!

Question: I understand that there is a 3 year residency rule. I came to USA in November 2013 on a B2 cohab visa. I got married and transferred to an H4 in March 2014, then got my greencard in November 2015. I'm pretty sure that I'm classed as a resident with H4 status, but what about the B2? IE can I apply in November 2016 or in March 2017?

Hoping there might be a nexus expert here! Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 13th 2016, 1:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nexus application - 3 year residency rule

Originally Posted by canarybats
hey!

I'm really excited about applying for the Nexus card. I travel to Canada a lot (my sis lives there) and I also travel for work quite a bit too and having TSA Pre + Global Entry seems so awesome. Especially when you are stuck in a massive queue watching everyone sail past in the fast track lines!

Question: I understand that there is a 3 year residency rule. I came to USA in November 2013 on a B2 cohab visa. I got married and transferred to an H4 in March 2014, then got my greencard in November 2015. I'm pretty sure that I'm classed as a resident with H4 status, but what about the B2? IE can I apply in November 2016 or in March 2017?

Hoping there might be a nexus expert here! Thanks in advance!
Not sure if the B2 counts as residency but someone who knows better than I will probably be along soon to help you.

In the meantime take a look at this recent thread...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...s-card-878599/