Reload this Page >

Next Gen consoles, xbox 360/sony/nintendo

Wikiposts

Next Gen consoles, xbox 360/sony/nintendo

Old Nov 18th 2005, 4:54 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Next Gen consoles, xbox 360/sony/nintendo

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
There is something much more relaxing about playing a game whilst sat in the comfort of your armchair as appose to at your PC. Plus PC's need to be configured and tweaked to realize their full potential; a games console is easy. Unwrap, plug in, load up, bish, bash, bosh, you're shooting some mutant from outer space. Glorious!

A good point. So many settings and keyboard controls instead of real plug and play, and a ps joypad.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 4:55 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
There is something much more relaxing about playing a game whilst sat in the comfort of your armchair as appose to at your PC. Plus PC's need to be configured and tweaked to realize their full potential; a games console is easy. Unwrap, plug in, load up, bish, bash, bosh, you're shooting some mutant from outer space. Glorious!
Im still not sold. I just get this nasty pain in my wallet when someone mentions a grand plus to play some games.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Im still not sold. I just get this nasty pain in my wallet when someone mentions a grand plus to play some games.

You can do it cheaper than that - there is no way i would be spending that for just games! But they way it is going you will have a media centre in your home that will do TV music games computer and everything so it wont be an issue!!!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 6:20 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Big D
You can do it cheaper than that - there is no way i would be spending that for just games! But they way it is going you will have a media centre in your home that will do TV music games computer and everything so it wont be an issue!!!

Pah! Ive got monopoly, scrabble, draughts and chess..what more coulkd I want?
Old Nov 18th 2005, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I'll be happy if someone buys me a joystick with Streetfighter 2 built-in for Christmas.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

you don't HAVE to have HDTV for it to look nice... think about it sensibly, if you don't have a HDTV then you watch TV daily on that normal TV... whats the difference?
Old Nov 18th 2005, 6:33 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by USBound
you don't HAVE to have HDTV for it to look nice... think about it sensibly, if you don't have a HDTV then you watch TV daily on that normal TV... whats the difference?

I always love how they advertise HDTV on regular TV and try to show how much better it is
Anyway, I'm trying to get away from TV, not watch more. I try to limit my Medal of Honor time too (which means I get my virtual ass kicked online).
Old Nov 18th 2005, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I'll be happy if someone buys me a joystick with Streetfighter 2 built-in for Christmas.
or mortal kombat!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 7:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Chorlton
I always love how they advertise HDTV on regular TV and try to show how much better it is
Anyway, I'm trying to get away from TV, not watch more. I try to limit my Medal of Honor time too (which means I get my virtual ass kicked online).
Like when BBC Radio was switching to FM from AM and they kept broadcasting adverts on AM showing us how much better FM sounded
Old Nov 18th 2005, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

True - but then you might as well not waste time buying the next gen consoles and stick with the current ones! That is the difference!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
True - but then you might as well not waste time buying the next gen consoles and stick with the current ones! That is the difference!

if you want to play new games... then you're a little stuck.

on a different note - the ps3 is NOT fully backwards compatible. This isn't a guess or a rumor its from a press release from Sony about 2 weeks ago. Essentially they lied.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 3:36 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

myself i wont bother with any of them - a 'next gen console' isnt a patch on a good spec pc for gaming, the only console i own is a PSP for when im out and about - great bit of kit!

Ant
Old Nov 18th 2005, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by antjen
myself i wont bother with any of them - a 'next gen console' isnt a patch on a good spec pc for gaming, the only console i own is a PSP for when im out and about - great bit of kit!

Ant
LMAO

x360 == a comparable 9.6Ghz of Power (if running a single thread on each core) with a graphics card that will remain unbeaten for around 18months (by contract). The memory bus speed is 10x the speed of ANY pc memory out right now.

ps3 == a comparable 3.2Ghz general purpose and a stunning 7SPUs also running @ 3.2Ghz with a graphics card that will remain unbeaten again for at least 10months of its lifetime.

I work in the industry and know for a fact that you are talking out of your proverbial mouse port.

I believe its called feltching

of course you are entitled to your opinion and obviously preference but to state falsehood to back it up is absurd.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 3:57 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO

x360 == a comparable 9.6Ghz of Power (if running a single thread on each core) with a graphics card that will remain unbeaten for around 18months (by contract). The memory bus speed is 10x the speed of ANY pc memory out right now.

ps3 == a comparable 3.2Ghz general purpose and a stunning 7SPUs also running @ 3.2Ghz with a graphics card that will remain unbeaten again for at least 10months of its lifetime.

I work in the industry and know for a fact that you are talking out of your proverbial mouse port.

I believe its called feltching

of course you are entitled to your opinion and obviously preference but to state falsehood to back it up is absurd.

pure numeric specifications are meaningless, i dont need to work in the industry to know that - the real test is in the playing of the games - sure i havent played a next gen console yet, but ive played/owned xbox/ps2 and its never was a patch on my pc for gaming

Ant
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by antjen

pure numeric specifications are meaningless, i dont need to work in the industry to know that - the real test is in the playing of the games - sure i havent played a next gen console yet, but ive played/owned xbox/ps2 and its never was a patch on my pc for gaming

Ant

I find it strange that the only possible improvement over the specifications of the ps3/x360 are the inclusion of a keyboard & mouse combo for control.

Further you claim you need a good spec pc and then assert that numeric specifications are meaningless... wouldn't that imply that a "pc" not a "good spec pc" is the requirement.

if you like pc gaming then thats fair enough... but your assertions are wrong regarding why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.