Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The next American President?

The next American President?

Old Jan 31st 2005, 4:22 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The next American President?

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Colin Powell?
Cindy likes the nice Repubs.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 4:35 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a registered Independent, . Also I vote the man or woman not the party. I'm trying to realistically think of someone who is a nationally known figure that voters can identify with.
Btw, I did mention Martin Sheen at the beginning of this thread.....
Old Jan 31st 2005, 4:42 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a registered Independent, . Also I vote the man or woman not the party. I'm trying to realistically think of someone who is a nationally known figure that voters can identify with.

Yup, I like Powell and McCain -- decent sorta guys as politicos go, have principles rather than voices and usually do the honourable thing. Don't think either of them have a hope in hell at the presidency. The next president usually arises from relative obscurity in the last year before the election.

Here's my very outsider bet: Janet Napolitano
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:07 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Duncs
Schwarzennegger??

Normally I cant stand Republicans but in his case I make an exception because, he's a very moderate Republican and I would like to see the constitution changed and an immigrant get the Presidency.
The only constitutional amendment currently being contemplated is agin the gay marryin' (as The Onion puts it). I think the Dems will nominate Hillary, the Repugs will nominate another Apocalypse-obsessed Jesus* freak, and it'll be another United States of Canada vs Jesusland battle.

*= Refers to the hate-filled Jesus that the Republicans pray to, who is not to be confused with the guy who said "love thy neighbour", "blessed are the meek" and other such dangerous, un-American liberal nonsense.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:14 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Yup, I like Powell and McCain -- decent sorta guys as politicos go, have principles rather than voices and usually do the honourable thing. Don't think either of them have a hope in hell at the presidency. The next president usually arises from relative obscurity in the last year before the election.

yeah

if i could vote and the dem was not good i would have no probs from a political standpoint to voting for powell, or even Arnie
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:24 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Slyvester Stallone

Between him and Arnold, they can re-kindle the Rambo versus Commando days, blow every ****** up on the planet and put things right with a AK-47 and grenade launcher.

Simple
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

Schwarzennegger??
If all goes to plan, I'll be getting my green card sorted this week, which should give me just enough time to get my citizenship in time to vote for President Schwarzeneggar. I'll be most annoyed if any of these events don't come to pass.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 7:03 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nxylas
The only constitutional amendment currently being contemplated is agin the gay marryin' (as The Onion puts it). I think the Dems will nominate Hillary, the Repugs will nominate another Apocalypse-obsessed Jesus* freak, and it'll be another United States of Canada vs Jesusland battle.

*= Refers to the hate-filled Jesus that the Republicans pray to, who is not to be confused with the guy who said "love thy neighbour", "blessed are the meek" and other such dangerous, un-American liberal nonsense.
The gay marriage amendment is still born right now as Bush is now saying its not a priority oopps he didnt tell his supporters that during the election!

Orrin Hatch (Sen Utah) has proposed an amendment to allow foreign born citizens to run so watch this space.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 7:05 pm
Septicity

The gay marriage amendment is still born right now as Bush is now saying its not a priority oopps he didnt tell his supporters that during the election!

Orrin Hatch (Sen Utah) has proposed an amendment to allow foreign born citizens to run so watch this space.

While the amendment they actually need to be working on is XIV!
Old Jan 31st 2005, 7:12 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Schwarzennegger??

Normally I cant stand Republicans but in his case I make an exception because, he's a very moderate Republican and I would like to see the constitution changed and an immigrant get the Presidency.

President Duncs has a good ring I reckon!

More realistically i would watch Evan Bayh and of course Hilary has a shot although i seriously doubt her ability to win the general election, but i am open minded about it. On the Repub side Jeb of course if he wants, this country is a Bush monarchy now remember. Otherwise its a free for all from Romney, to Frist, to Santorum. I suppose it depends on who James Dobson likes the most, so we can only rule out Spongebob at this point.

It will be interesting and (almost) anyone is better than Chimpolean.
I am impressed by your offering of Evan Bayh- I always thought he would make a great choice for the Dems- 2x Govenor of IN, now a Senator, conservative enough to win a few more heartland blue states like OH, IA, WI. A good looking/photogenic candidate with a nice looking family. Plus, not many years of Washingtom voting trail to lambaste him on. I believe he could have beat Bushito, had it been he rather than "The French looking Canditate". He would have gotten my vote this year (Plus his Father Birch wrote me a letter when he was Govenor and I was in 2nd grade)

As for my side- it looks bleak right now to me- Powell? Condee Rice?, Guiliani? McCain already looks like hell (alchoholic puffy face and all...) Frist might be a good choice...Jeb? I doubt it, but who knows.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 7:30 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

As long as it's not a Bush or any other religious fanatic then I'm not too bothered. I can't see Hilary Clinton getting it - Is Jesusland really ready for a woman running the country?
Old Jan 31st 2005, 8:58 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon it may be Hillary Clinton vs Rudolph Guiliani.

(I caught the end of a talk radio programme last week and I'm certain the presenter was saying that Hillary had just made a speech re; abortion and seems to be backtracking somewhat and moderating her views). She knows that she will have no chance of being elected if she is too pro-active this sphere.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I reckon it may be Hillary Clinton vs Rudolph Guiliani.

(I caught the end of a talk radio programme last week and I'm certain the presenter was saying that Hillary had just made a speech re; abortion and seems to be backtracking somewhat and moderating her views). She knows that she will have no chance of being elected if she is too pro-active this sphere.
This and Ironporers comments seem to sum it up for me although I am also hoping to get my AOS this week which could enable me to vote next time.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cupranod
Who do board members think it will be and who do they want it to be?
I reckon it will be Hillary against Juliany (sp), sorry brain is tired, it is late, you know who I mean though. Hillary will win. I don't think McCain will run for pres, I think Cheney will quite before the 4 years are up due to health reasons and McCain will take his place. Bush must have promised McCain something for him to be kissing his ass the way he does. As long as the other numbnuts Bush does not get in I really don't care, although I would vote for Mrs Bill.