Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A newbie, feeling lost!

A newbie, feeling lost!

Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:01 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice
Default Re: A newbie, feeling lost!

Originally Posted by Partystar
I have red hair, big boobs & an English accent, works for me everytime!!!
Sounds like something else worth watching too !
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:01 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Well, with men anyway- I doubt the care about your hair or accent....
I don't think that's the case, they usually comment on each of those things, it must be a package deal!!! Each one is quite unusual, so it's like being 1 in a billion!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:02 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
So to bring my average up from 95% to 100% would you suggest I colour my hair or should I get a boob job?
Don't get a boob job, they almost always look crap! I think men prefer the real thing? (This is where the men jump in & say which they prefer!)
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Lostman has a brilliant futureLostman has a brilliant futureLostman has a brilliant futureLostman has a brilliant futureLostman has a brilliant futureLostman has a brilliant futureLostman has a brilliant future

Accents are a huge thing here. The amount of times women say to me....I love your accent, where are you from...or, your accent is soooo hot! of course the wife goes into defensive (prepare for war) mode when they 'flatter' me so.

One girl from Walgreens actually asked if my accent was real....apparently people are known to putting on British accents to pick up girls. The wife says that if i start talking with an Amirican accent she will leave me.....accents! I just don't get it!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:11 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Lostman
Accents are a huge thing here. The amount of times women say to me....I love your accent, where are you from...or, your accent is soooo hot! of course the wife goes into defensive (prepare for war) mode when they 'flatter' me so.

One girl from Walgreens actually asked if my accent was real....apparently people are known to putting on British accents to pick up girls. The wife says that if i start talking with an Amirican accent she will leave me.....accents! I just don't get it!
I had a male friend of mine say that he was well aware that I'm married & that's fine with him, but he'd love to have sex with my voice!!! Another male friend always gets me to say Harry Potter & then when I do, he acts as if he's having an orgasm, which is pretty funny as I'm saying a guys name!!!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:19 pm

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

I had a male friend of mine say that he was well aware that I'm married & that's fine with him, but he'd love to have sex with my voice!!! Another male friend always gets me to say Harry Potter & then when I do, he acts as if he's having an orgasm, which is pretty funny as I'm saying a guys name!!!
People ask me "Where are you from" so I tell them where I live now nad they look very confused and ask me if that really is a Tennessee accent - are they THAT stupid ???? BUt female shop assistants occasionally swoon when I talk and it comes in handy getting them to do things for you ! LOLOL... if only it was more than my voice thay were swooning at ! LOLOLOL
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:41 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
People ask me "Where are you from" so I tell them where I live now nad they look very confused and ask me if that really is a Tennessee accent - are they THAT stupid ????
I do it myself. Did it yesterday in fact and the poor boy looked so confused when it turned out he lives down the hill. Especially because I insist on using my UK licence for ID. Hubby thinks I do it because I can't quite bear to let my UK roots go, nah! I use it because the picture on it makes me look like a model! And you should see the convict on my LA one.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
I do it myself. Did it yesterday in fact and the poor boy looked so confused when it turned out he lives down the hill. Especially because I insist on using my UK licence for ID. Hubby thinks I do it because I can't quite bear to let my UK roots go, nah! I use it because the picture on it makes me look like a model! And you should see the convict on my LA one.
I would do that but my UK license (even though it's still valid) is one of the old paper ones with no photo on it ! When I 1st got here I was using it and it's great to get away with being pulled over as the officer had NO DIEA what to do with it ! LOL
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:47 pm
Back where I belong!

I have a lovely model looking pic on my UK license too. I don't have a US license yet, but on all my other ID, I look like sh*t!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:52 pm

I have a lovely model looking pic on my UK license too. I don't have a US license yet, but on all my other ID, I look like sh*t!
LOL... I thought you'd been here a while ? TN says ALL residents (those who plan to live in TN as a main address for more than 6 months of the year) must have one after 30 days of residency in the state. So I figured that I was going to be here for more than 6 months so I got one as soon as I'd moved here ! ........
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:54 pm
Back where I belong!

LOL... I thought you'd been here a while ? TN says ALL residents (those who plan to live in TN as a main address for more than 6 months of the year) must have one after 30 days of residency in the state. So I figured that I was going to be here for more than 6 months so I got one as soon as I'd moved here ! ........
Didn't think I could get one until I had a SSN. Now I've got a SSN, I can't be bothered to get the driving license!!! I'll get around to it soon enough.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:56 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. You get it!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:58 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

I would do that but my UK license (even though it's still valid) is one of the old paper ones with no photo on it ! When I 1st got here I was using it and it's great to get away with being pulled over as the officer had NO DIEA what to do with it ! LOL
Tsk, tsk. My UK one is one of those pink laminated jobbies. You get the picture done in one of those booths and send it in. So, you can faff around posing until you get it right. Here they just pin you back against a wall and shoot!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:59 pm

Tsk, tsk. My UK one is one of those pink laminated jobbies. You get the picture done in one of those booths and send it in. So, you can faff around posing until you get it right. Here they just pin you back against a wall and shoot!
and put my American address on it ? LOL
Old Dec 21st 2005, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

In my previous job I was making calls to people to set up meetings for our sales staff to come out. I had people saying that they'd book with me if I say things like "This is Simon Cowell and you're watching American Idol!"...etc...

Muppets!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.